Builds A fabricators 80 build.... (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why are some of these pics coming up all green??

Hey Costa! Amazing work you've done on the front and rear bumpers.

Have you got any pictures of someone with a winch actually fitted to the front? I've been through this thread a heap of times and can't find one.

Wondering how the angle from the spool to the fairlead is? It seems like it would be really steep? I know you put the spacers in there... but it still seems like the winch would be low in comparison to the exit point on the fairlead.

I'm designing my own bumper and having trouble reducing that angle while having the fairlead looking high enough. I've looked into having the rope spool over the top but don't like the extra leverage this gives from the mounting points, and can't find any conclusive info that the brake will work in the winch... quite the opposite.

Would love to hear back from you. Cheers from Oz. :cool:

Have you got any pictures of someone with a winch actually fitted to the front? I've been through this thread a heap of times and can't find one.

Wondering how the angle from the spool to the fairlead is? It seems like it would be really steep? I know you put the spacers in there... but it still seems like the winch would be low in comparison to the exit point on the fairlead.

I'm designing my own bumper and having trouble reducing that angle while having the fairlead looking high enough. I've looked into having the rope spool over the top but don't like the extra leverage this gives from the mounting points, and can't find any conclusive info that the brake will work in the winch... quite the opposite.

@brosky should be able to help.
1580613341998-png.2198966

Im out on the range.. ill chime in on this later.

Thanks

Rich

The rope is spooled over the top and everything works as intended. Proven method done on flat bed tow truck for years. Personally done meany hard pulls with out issue.
And I love my Costa bumper it has held up to hard wheeling / hits , several time I thought for sure it would be bent , get out and look only find some scratched pant. Great Bumper by a great Guy, Thanks Rich!!!!

My guy... you gotta stop! I can only get so hard over here! But really though I’ve read this whole thread and the work you do is art. Just killer.

JMHO, But still the best looking / built bumper out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom