1966 FJ45LV Resurrection (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think this was the better truck for you after all! I'm following your progress, and its a great story, full of memories for you and your family!!!

Thanks! Everything happens like it is meant to but I still regret letting the other LV get away, if only for its solid floors. :doh:

Thanks for all the inspiration I'm just getting started on bringing my LV back from the grave I hope it turns out even half as nice as yours.

Thank you. I'm sure it will. These old trucks are tough.

Unfortunately, I'm about to list my LV for sale as my wife and kids prefer my FJ40 over the LV and I can't keep both. Working on the LV was therapeutic as I had lost my mom just before starting this thread. Having it to occupy my thoughts and time kept me from dwelling on my loss and resulted in some quality time with many ONSC club members. I feel a real sense of accomplishment when driving the LV and even just seeing it sit in my garage. I will miss her.

You should start a thread on your LV. I know I for one would enjoy watching your progress.

I feel your pain I lost my Mom recently to ,I will try get a thread going I think this is going to be a long process as my floors are in really bad shape .

I'm sorry for your loss.

I found a guy on Facebook that is planning to make several sets of replacement floor pans, braces, seat brackets and the piece under the tailgate. I think he is going to ask around $3k. The floors will have ribbing like it came from the factory. Let me know if you want me to put you two in touch.

Do tell on these replacment parts. I could use the part under the tailgate.

I would be interested in a rear floor only I think I can fab the rest myself thanks

Do tell on these replacment parts. I could use the part under the tailgate.

@ClemsonCruiser got the guy's number from me earlier today and has made plans to give him a call. I've asked him to pass your requests on to the guy. One of us will let you know what he finds out.:beer:

Fellow LV owners,
Been following this since I got my LV a few months ago. I am in the process of breaking down everything for blasting and coating. I had planned on getting her on the road before doing anything major but a friend of mine made me an offer I would have been stupid to turn down. I am certain I will need the front and back floors. Please keep me in the loop for this order. Thanks.

@JLawson beat JP to the punch and called Preston, the guy working on the floors. He informed me that Preston is making patterns off of his LV and plans on only making 5 sets to start as he doesn't want to get too far ahead of demand. Preston is working on a package: Floor pans front and back, seat frame and the rear valance where the tailgate attaches. Projected price for the package is $3,200. The floor pans will have an extra inch around for alignment and will stop in the front where the floor turns up. Timing is unknown as of now. I suggest letting @JLawson know if you will be wanting a set so he can let Preston know if demand will already exceed the number he was going to produce initially.

As far as my LV, I've listed it on eBay. A portion of the proceeds will be used to fund improvements the FJ40. Toyota : Land Cruiser LV

On Sunday evening, after getting the LV ready for its new owners, I went for a drive on some country roads near my house. It brought back a lot of great memories including when I got her back on the road and filled up the fuel tank for the first time, when @forrest5000 and I finally figured out the headlight settings, and of course the ONSC Hurricane Creek trip.

The new owners woke up early yesterday and drove down from Pennsylvania. I likely overwhelmed them with all the info I tried to pass along and am sure we spent much longer than they had anticipated going over the details. About 45 minutes after sunset they finally got back on the road. Here is a picture. The official new owner is on the right but I am sure this will be a father and son project. They seem to like the current patina but I suspect their plans will evolve.

Thanks to everyone who lent a hand, gave sage advice, and shared in my excitement over the past 1+ years. I am hoping the new owners will continue this thread or start a new one.
IMG_4568.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom