Molded Carpet & Vinyl Sets and Wheel Well/Arch Covers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My charcoal set arrived from Trail Taylor a week ago and I was finally able to take it out of the box over the weekend. This carpet is as good as anyone is ever going to make for these old trucks. Jason has done a lot of research to find us the best possible option on the planet (literally). I'm ridiculously picky about the parts I put on my Cruisers and this carpet is good enough that I bought a second set for a distant future restoration on a pristine 62 I call Ugly Betty.

It really looks nice and is much thicker than the set I bought for Frankie; made by a different Australian manufacturer. I intend to replace Frankie's CCOT set with Jason's TT and my DD Lilly will get the 'hand-me-downs'. I haven't installed it yet (it could be months) but the molding looks right compared to the others I've handled. It looks like it will fit the post '85 better than the pre '85. It is a (very, very) slightly different grey, more true charcoal and without the bluish hints of OEM. But it is a solid color and not the heather, multi-color pattern I found for Frankie. I can't imagine finding anything closer.

IMHO - If you intend to replace your 60's carpet, now or in the foreseeable future, this is the time to set up another group buy with Trail Tailor.

MY LAST CARPET KIT IS SOLD.

My charcoal set arrived from Trail Taylor a week ago and I was finally able to take it out of the box over the weekend. This carpet is as good as anyone is ever going to make for these old trucks. Jason has done a lot of research to find us the best possible option on the planet (literally). I'm ridiculously picky about the parts I put on my Cruisers and this carpet is good enough that I bought a second set for a distant future restoration on a pristine 62 I call Ugly Betty.

It really looks nice and is much thicker than the set I bought for Frankie; made by a different Australian manufacturer. I intend to replace Frankie's CCOT set with Jason's TT and my DD Lilly will get the 'hand-me-downs'. I haven't installed it yet (it could be months) but the molding looks right compared to the others I've handled. It looks like it will fit the post '85 better than the pre '85. It is a (very, very) slightly different grey, more true charcoal and without the bluish hints of OEM. But it is a solid color and not the heather, multi-color pattern I found for Frankie. I can't imagine finding anything closer.

IMHO - If you intend to replace your 60's carpet, now or in the foreseeable future, this is the time to set up another group buy with Trail Tailor.

G, Thanks for the feedback. I will get another order together in the near future.

Good, I'm in for brown carpet on the next order.

A, I'll get a hold of you when I'm ready to place another order.

J

I received a set in brown and it looks to be very well made. It will be a bit before install as the truck still needs to go through body and paint first. Thanks again to Jason for tracking these and other 60/62 products down for us.

This is the future for 60/62 owners, more and more parts will have to be reproduced by after market companies. If we do not support them, they will find greener pastures. I personally love these trucks and plan to be playing with them well into the future. Keep up the good work Jason.

I received a set in brown and it looks to be very well made. It will be a bit before install as the truck still needs to go through body and paint first. Thanks again to Jason for tracking these and other 60/62 products down for us.

This is the future for 60/62 owners, more and more parts will have to be reproduced by after market companies. If we do not support them, they will find greener pastures. I personally love these trucks and plan to be playing with them well into the future. Keep up the good work Jason.

Thanks guys,

I looked for almost 2 years for a good replacement to stock. I have over 500 emails between several companies (US, Mexico, Japan and AU) and about 200 carpet swatches. No one in the US makes a molded version, just cut and sewn. You all know of that debacle with a local upholsterer. I had seen the CCOT and the JT Outfitters kit in others vehicles and just knew there was something better out there.

I have a couple sets of exact fit floor mats coming with this new order as well that are color matched. So, if I like them, they will be offered as well.

I hope to have my brown set installed this weekend so that will give everyone a good look at these.

Thanks again,

Jason

J

Waiting for some installed photos from those who purchased!

you really are the enabler!! now you've got my interest peeked again this time about these floor mats!

The ones coming in are for the 60 series. The 62 series have the foot cut out. Currently all are spoken for. But, easy enough to add when I make another order.

Jason

I might have to get a set to go with the vinyl floors.. :steer: Post pics when you get them.

I might have to get a set to go with the vinyl floors.. :steer: Post pics when you get them.

C, You want carpet or vinyl mats? Not sure if they make vinyl mats. I will inquire for you though. Per tracking the order (9 packages-231kg) will be in CA-LAX on Saturday.

J

Hmm, let me think about that. Very exciting on the shipment, I better start ripping the interior out again in preparation!

mine is converted to a h55 and i got rid of the foot rest. the 60 series ones are what i'll need. and yes when you make your next order i want on your list for grey ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom