Molded Carpet & Vinyl Sets and Wheel Well/Arch Covers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interested in how the vinyl comes out too... would want to know how any padding underneath would work.

Anxiously waiting to see pics from you guys that went with the vinyl. Charcoal/black vinyl for me.

Several that will hopefully post pics soon.

Interested in how the vinyl comes out too... would want to know how any padding underneath would work.

D, my supplier says you can put up to a 40oz jute padding under the vinyl or carpet.

J

my supplier says you can put up to a 40oz jute padding under the vinyl or carpet.

Those are great news...can't have enough noise/heat barriers on the floor..!!

Those are great news...can't have enough noise/heat barriers on the floor..!!

F,

I switched over to Thermozite and can't say enough good things about it. It is a heat and noise barrier in one. They make it double foil sided as well.
I'm going to say it is in the 28-32oz range but man is it dense.

J

F,

I switched over to Thermozite and can't say enough good things about it. It is a heat and noise barrier in one. They make it double foil sided as well.
I'm going to say it is in the 28-32oz range but man is it dense.

J

What's your source for Thermozite? Do you use any adhesive to hold it in place?

What's your source for Thermozite? Do you use any adhesive to hold it in place?

Jim,

Here is the cheapest (material and shipping combined) I've found. They sell single and double sided foil. Under the carpet I just laid it in, no glue, etc.
I never noticed any shifting of the carpet. I'd say a spray adhesive like a 3M would be your best bet and "easier" to clean up if you ever need to remove the flooring.

Thermozite Insulator Padding - Sound & Heat Solution

This adhesive is what I use for my door panels and heavier duty applications.

3M Spray Adhesive, 17.6-Ounce - Aerosol Adhesives - Amazon.com

Jason

Ouch... Been there a few times..

Heal fast eh..!!
:beer::beer:

Jim,

Here is the cheapest (material and shipping combined) I've found. They sell single and double sided foil. Under the carpet I just laid it in, no glue, etc.
I never noticed any shifting of the carpet. I'd say a spray adhesive like a 3M would be your best bet and "easier" to clean up if you ever need to remove the flooring.

Thermozite Insulator Padding - Sound & Heat Solution

This adhesive is what I use for my door panels and heavier duty applications.

3M Spray Adhesive, 17.6-Ounce - Aerosol Adhesives - Amazon.com

Jason

Followed the link and saw a photo of the Thermozite applied as a hood insulator - could that be a good solution for FJ60s/FJ62s?

Did you use single or double sided foil under your carpet?

Followed the link and saw a photo of the Thermozite applied as a hood insulator - could that be a good solution for FJ60s/FJ62s?

Did you use single or double sided foil under your carpet?

Single under the carpet. Personally I'd order a new hood insulator from @beno. Perfect fit and fastens nicely.

J

Next question for under the carpet - foil side up or foil side down?

Foil side down on the floor is what the norm is. Foil to the heat side. But, I have seen it installed both ways. The local upholsterer installed mine foil up and after I read a few reviews and looked at a few pics I turned mine over.

J

Kits arrived.

I'll get these sorted, inspected and shipped in the next few days. Material is thicker than I expected. It's cool here today 50F (probably less in the garage) pieces are stiff and need to relax. I highly recommend throwing them on the driveway/yard for a while before install.

Front and back ends of each piece are edged/binded per my request.

Thanks guys,

J

SAM_1526.JPG
SAM_1523.JPG
SAM_1530.JPG
SAM_1533.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom