Yup. Fat Amy gets a body lift. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Radiator drop brackets work, but ended up needing m8x1.25x40mm

BE472E39-DF52-4D38-8DCE-836C9A45C921.jpeg

Those look really well done 👌🏼

These drop brackets are 1" hole center to hole center?

The rear bumper skin also binds right below the trailer hitch. My 2010 has that pointless metal bracket that drops down, and I removed that, but still had to cut the skin. The cut needs to be cleaned up, covered with some trim, and also a small bracket to tie it back to the frame (I'll take pictures). The trailer hitch wiring bracket also needs to be moved up, but I need to relocate the whole thing as it hangs down stupidly low now.

Minor, but if you're bothering to relocate it I recommend just putting the 7 pin connector in the bumper - unless you never intend to use it.

Are any vendors talking about bringing a body lift kit to market? Or is this sort of thing already available in Australia?

Worked on spacing the rear bumper step. Used 1” starboard and it’s pretty solid. Nothing really sticks to it so I used the factory holes with recessed bolts and fender washers. Totally removable if need be. The two L shaped pieces I actually ran a top and bolted through the factory plastic to secure them. It’s covered by the step. All came out good!

29071381-89D1-4470-AA48-9AEFC09D2886.jpeg

5A8C88A6-D8A4-4ACB-92A6-9140C203B1A3.jpeg

5970A648-31C4-4782-ACD9-BC699F4990C5.jpeg

10E9F13A-280D-4820-8377-F169F53E720D.jpeg

0D037D7C-C995-4811-B800-9EF652CD9D59.jpeg

Excellent work - I'll be doing a similar modification to my 16' next year. Thank you for documenting your progress - Id be interested in purchasing a set of those drop brackets if you decide to make another set one day!!

Excellent work - I'll be doing a similar modification to my 16' next year. Thank you for documenting your progress - Id be interested in purchasing a set of those drop brackets if you decide to make another set one day!!
Thanks man! Be glad to help out, just hit me up when you’re getting close. I’m working on frame brackets for the brake lines as well, so not quite done. I’ll make sure to take measurements of those as well.

Q:
How dumb would it be to do this .5”-1” for purely aesthetic reasons?

BTW

MScruiser

obsessive-compulsive oppositional-defiant wise-ass​

I love it so much 😂

Q:
How dumb would it be to do this .5”-1” for purely aesthetic reason
Aesthetically, it can kinda mess some things up, like bumper gaps, slider gaps and showing more frame below the body or a gap between the body and frame behind the rear tires. It does create that taller fender gap, if that’s all you care about.

IMO, it should only be done for function. It allows a taller tire (although the body mount still has to be addressed). It allows custom bumpers to be tucked up for better approach and departure angle. It could possibly allow you to tuck some of the drivetrain up for a smoother belly (not certain about that on the 200, haven’t gotten that far).

It would be quite a bit of work for merely aesthetics, but it makes sense to me if you’re considering 36-37” tires (especially the new Nitto Recon in 37x11.5r17!)

Last edited:
Aesthetically, it can kinda mess some things up, like bumper gaps, slider gaps and showing more frame below the body or a gap between the body and frame behind the tires. It does create that taller fender gap, if that’s all you care about.

IMO, it should only be done for function. It allows a taller tire (although the body mount still has to be addressed). It allows custom bumpers to be tucked up for better approach and departure angle. It could possibly allow you to tuck some of the drivetrain up for a smoother belly (not certain about that on the 200, haven’t gotten that far).

It would be quite a bit of work for merely aesthetics, but it makes sense to me if you’re considering 36-37” tires (especially the new Nitto Recon in 37x11.5r17!)

Yeah, i think you’re making sense.

Where im at:
33s already look small, 34s on a 17 is not something i would do, and im eyeing 35’s on 20s. In that hypothetical future, it may look just right with a mild body lift.

From all i can see at the moment in the front, in my head, im pretty sure i can drop in that latter fitment with a body lift, and at the same time, it would alleviate fender and well contact points at full stuff and lock, all without needing to increase effective offset and do a BMC.

Then maybe i can stop looking at wheel and tires after year 3 of ownership lol

Yeah, i think you’re making sense.

Where im at:
33s already look small, 34s on a 17 is not something i would do, and im eyeing 35’s on 20s. In that hypothetical future, it may look just right with a mild body lift.

From all i can see at the moment in the front, in my head, im pretty sure i can drop in that latter fitment with a body lift, and at the same time, it would alleviate fender and well contact points at full stuff and lock, all without needing to increase effective offset and do a BMC.

Body lift to avoid minor fitment and a BMC is a pretty wild choice in my opinion. My rubbing is so minor.

Body lift to avoid minor fitment and a BMC is a pretty wild choice in my opinion. My rubbing is so minor.

Yeah specially doing it alone. I kinda like the challenge but yeah.

How much are you lifted again?

I usually last about 3 minutes after purchasing new tires before I’m looking at new ones 🤦🏻‍♂️

For example, did you know Mickey Thompson is releasing a 44” Baja Boss next year 🤔 Might just be the perfect 200 series tire 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom