YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered one 😊

Real good product. Almost one year, they are still in good shape.

IMG_0028.jpg

I’ll take that one thats not workin off your hands

Awesome, looking good!

For those wondering, Jude was the high mile winner at HIH9. His prize was a YotaMD fob kit, but he already had one. To make his high mileage victory special and reward his YotaMD loyalty, I offered to make a custom back for his new kit and this is the result.

Bump and a testimonial for a great product. My key fob fell out of my jacket pocket while digging out our cars after 16” of snow overnight and promptly disappeared in the snow. Fast forward to 3 weeks later and the snow bank hasn’t turned to ice and was been driven over countless times by the cruiser and my wife’s Subaru. Ice finally melts out and there sits the key right next to the curb in perfect condition, hit the buttons and the truck unlocks immediately. Stout product that came with my truck but would replace in a heartbeat if needed! Thanks @suprarx7nut !

4A8522AC-8EF2-4579-BFAE-1BFB4D8FBBD3.jpeg

Bump and a testimonial for a great product. My key fob fell out of my jacket pocket while digging out our cars after 16” of snow overnight and promptly disappeared in the snow. Fast forward to 3 weeks later and the snow bank hasn’t turned to ice and was been driven over countless times by the cruiser and my wife’s Subaru. Ice finally melts out and there sits the key right next to the curb in perfect condition, hit the buttons and the truck unlocks immediately. Stout product that came with my truck but would replace in a heartbeat if needed! Thanks @suprarx7nut !

View attachment 2153698

Awesome testimonial! For those curious, this picture shows the original black dye shell which has a white internal color. As it wears, it shows the white underneath. The current shell (since mid-2018) is a dark grey which is dyed black. Newer shells hold their "black" better.

New shell or old shell, both are the same durable material and can withstand a snow bank or an AT tire every now and then. :)

All Black Friday orders will be fulfilled by tomorrow evening (tracking updates may not go through USPS until Monday). Everything but the white kits goes out tomorrow.

Gift Wrap Service now available. Got a spouse that needs a snazzy new key case? My wife loves wrapping and we both like selling fob kits, so this is the natural progression of things, I suppose. For a measly $1, we'll give you VIP treatment and gift wrap your kit now through Dec 22nd. Just add the Gift Wrap Service item to your cart along with the kit of your choice.

The picture below is a real fob kit wrapped up as an example. I can't promise it'll look as picture perfect as this after it travels a thousand miles in the postal worker's hands, but I think it'll hold up well enough to impress your special someone!

1576212180386.png

All Black Friday orders will be fulfilled by tomorrow evening (tracking updates may not go through USPS until Monday). Everything but the white kits goes out tomorrow.

Thanks for the update! I had been wanting to ask for an update but figured you were busy handling things.

Looking forward to the new key fob!

Tripper

My Black Friday fob shells arrived today. I get strange looks from the family when I am so excited for items like this but it's warranted.
Hands finally on I can say that these are a great product. All the materials were packaged well and I was happy to see all of the little extras.

Thanks again for supporting all of us with a great product and thanks even more for cutting us a deal during the holidays! Here is a picture of the finished product(s) in black and sniper grey as well as the tools needed to perform the swap.

Tripper

yotaMD-keys.jpg

My Black Friday fob shells arrived today. I get strange looks from the family when I am so excited for items like this but it's warranted.
Hands finally on I can say that these are a great product. All the materials were packaged well and I was happy to see all of the little extras.

Thanks again for supporting all of us with a great product and thanks even more for cutting us a deal during the holidays! Here is a picture of the finished product(s) in black and sniper grey as well as the tools needed to perform the swap.

Tripper

View attachment 2160067

Thanks for the kind words and awesome photo!

For all colored versions, is the core still dark grey and does the color coat grind away to expose it?

I see what appears to be a Navy Blue color YotaMD photo in the thread but don’t see it for 1999 TLC on the website?

For all colored versions, is the core still dark grey and does the color coat grind away to expose it?

I see what appears to be a Navy Blue color YotaMD photo in the thread but don’t see it for 1999 TLC on the website?

The core material of all YMD1 shells are now a very dark grey.

The colors are added with Cerakote for everything expect Black (which is just dyed because the core material is so close to black anyways). The Cerakote coating is EXTREMELY durable. It's a ceramic coating that's about as strong as any coating gets. So far (we're about a year into the YotaMD Cerakote product launches) there is very limited wear on anyone's case that I've seen. The coating will generally chip in tiny little spots on the edges before it wears through. This coating is intended to be used on wear surfaces of firearms and it holds up very well there. A key case is a pretty tame application for it.

The older cases I had were dyed and definitely showed some wear over time if you are rough on your keys. I used a clear coat that helped durability to an extent, but eventually that clear would degrade. If you see an old YotaMD with white showing through a color, that's the old versions and you won't see similar wear in the current stuff.

Navy Blue: Not sure which blue you mean. I currently offer a pretty traditional blue (middle left in pic below). I had a couple special orders done up in a pastel blue (think Detroit Lions), but that was a one off deal.

I can do any Cerakote color (H Series). If you can gather up 10+ folks that are interested in the same custom color I can get the coating cost down to normal prices. If fewer folks are interested, there'd be a price premium.

The blue I use is "NRA Blue H-171", for reference. Finishes

1576734119590.png

Thanks for the fast response. Clutchee’s photo might show NRA as Navy Blue with the shot lighting and wear. Time to get the wife to order my Christmas YotaMD.

Thanks for the fast response. Clutchee’s photo might show NRA as Navy Blue with the shot lighting and wear. Time to get the wife to order my Christmas YotaMD.

Yeah, @Clutchee and @BenCC both have some recent pics in this thread with the current blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom