STOLEN Yet another stolen FJ60, this time its mine! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hallelujah! Seems a pretty happy ending for you... but now I'm paranoid.

Last edited:
Great news!!!

Congrats on getting it back

Glad it was not torched or completely destroyed.

Have you figured out how they stole it? Did they find your cut off switch and drive it or tow it?

Any tips on what you would do to protect it. I'm always worried about this as many others are. It's hard to work out replacement insurance on vehicles past a certain age.

Hope everything works out for you with it in the end. Don't worry karma will catch up to the thief.

Congrats again

...via IH8MUD app

Congrats! Glad you got her back. In addition to the preventive measures you mentioned, please look at window etching the VIN. This is an additional deterrent to the steal and keep thieves, not the joyriders.

...via IH8MUD app

In addition to other theft deterrents, you should also look at the shift locker....

Glad you got it back....
Yup that's great advice. Probably even better than the steering wheel lock.

-Nick
-D/D is a 1985 tan FJ60 with a 350 SBC TBI, ARB front bumper, Tuffy center console, Non-USA OEM Split rims, Yokohama Y735B 7.50 R16, Confer roof rack, and a box full of archaeology field work gear.

Congrats! Glad you got her back. In addition to the preventive measures you mentioned, please look at window etching the VIN. This is an additional deterrent to the steal and keep thieves, not the joyriders.

...via IH8MUD app
I'm not sure what window etching the vin is? Do you have a pic or a description?

-Nick
-D/D is a 1985 tan FJ60 with a 350 SBC TBI, ARB front bumper, Tuffy center console, Non-USA OEM Split rims, Yokohama Y735B 7.50 R16, Confer roof rack, and a box full of archaeology field work gear.

Congrats on getting it back

Glad it was not torched or completely destroyed.

Have you figured out how they stole it? Did they find your cut off switch and drive it or tow it?

Any tips on what you would do to protect it. I'm always worried about this as many others are. It's hard to work out replacement insurance on vehicles past a certain age.

Hope everything works out for you with it in the end. Don't worry karma will catch up to the thief.

Congrats again

...via IH8MUD app
I bet that they were scoping the vehicle out for a while. At least long enough to have figured out the kill switch for the fuel pump was located. I bet they drove it away with a worn out old Toyota key.

After it gets back from Rock Solid Offroad in San Jacinto for the repairs of this theft, I'm going to have it re-keyed, move the kill switch, get a shift lock like Manuchao suggested and start replacing the gear that was stolen.

I would really enjoy being the agent of Karma. Karma only works if the victim is willing to act.

-Nick

Just in case you find the ass who did this....my Uncle Vic in New Jersey said he knows how to make anyone disappear without a trace for only $2K

Thanks for the offer. I probably won't need his services though. As an archaeologist with forensic training I know I plenty of remote spots where a body will never be found and with the forensic training how to make a body un-identifiable. :)

-Nick

Whew, I am relieved!

I should probably put a little thought into security as well :eek:

Wow, very, very happy for you. Sure makes me think about doing something better to my rigs.

Congratulations! I'd been checking your thread quite often and it's good to know you got her back.

Thanks for the offer. I probably won't need his services though. As an archaeologist with forensic training I know I plenty of remote spots where a body will never be found and with the forensic training how to make a body un-identifiable. :)

No sense paying for what you can get for free! Wow, my girlfriend and I would love to have someone with your training as a guide when we disappear into southern Utah and the deserts of AZ. We are pretty well self taught in Geology and she especially so in Botany but we lack amateur Archeologist status, for sure. In our back country land cruising both with wheels and not, we often make notes and observations in our field notebook on a wide vareity of subjects so we remember to look them upon return to the land of the internet.

Glad you got the rig back ........Land Cruisin' is good no matter what, but always best in a Land Cruiser!

Awesome!

Now, get those security features installed asap. No delaying.
That counts for all of us, really.

Awesome!

Now, get those security features installed asap. No delaying.
That counts for all of us, really.

As soon as I get it back from Mike at Rock Solid Offroad, its going to the dealer to get rekeyed. Then I will be putting in the shift lock and moving the kill switch.

I really appreciate everyones support and likes of this thread!

Last edited:
I am actually considering this one: Sourcingbay no contract just purchase a pre-paid sim card and you can hook up as many options or as few options as you want from what I read in the comments. I would not connect the oil pump shut-off option.

that does look nice, though I believe they really intend for Fuel injected electric FUEL pump shut-off, since the oil pump is non=electrical

So happy that you got it back...these thieving b'stards don't understand how much these vehicles mean to us....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom