STOLEN Yet another stolen FJ60, this time its mine! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll keep an eye out for it in San Diego and let all my buddies down here know about it. Good luck man.

Oh no! I'm being seduced by an unicorn! Unicorn = a 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, dual cab, 43K miles with a 6 speed manual transmission! Plus a matching color Leer bed cap, upgraded speakers, internal lockable center console, and hardwired spot for a laser/radar detector! The only problem is that it is silver..... first-world problem though. I knew that test drive was going to make me fall in love!

Maybe a Taco wont be too bad after all? I used to have a 1996 with an extended cab, 5 speed and the 2.7l engine. Toyota bought that back from me for more than I paid for it. Amazing considering I put on 80K miles and beat the crap out of that truck. They bought it back due to the rusty frame issue that plagued the 1995.5 to 2001 model years.

Just 6 more days until I can get my check from the insurance company for the stolen 60 and Ill be pulling the trigger on that 2011 Tacoma.

Well then... Fingers crossed you don't get it back...

...via IH8MUD app

Well then... Fingers crossed you don't get it back...

...via IH8MUD app

Naw, it's not like that. Not for nothing, I want my 60 back. My gut tells me that she's not coming back.

-Nick
-D/D is a 1985 tan FJ60 with a 350 SBC TBI, ARB front bumper, Tuffy center console, Non-USA OEM Split rims, Yokohama Y735B 7.50 R16, Confer roof rack, and a box full of archaeology field work gear.

My wife wants me to trade clobbersaurus for a new tacoma... no way in hell :eek:

I'm hoping you find your truck unmolested parked in a warehouse somewhere and get this nonsense out of your head :eek:

Every time I see that this thread has been updated I click on it hoping to hear that your 60 has been recovered.
Bummer.

Believe you me brother, I'm right there with you! At the sacrifice of my mental health with the ups and downs of getting new posting emails, I've been updating (not just checking) this thread to keep it alive.

Everyone, please let me know if I'm missing something below.

What I've done thus far to try to find my 60
1. Filed police report. Followed up with them one week after the report as well.
2. Completed insurance paperwork for theft.
3. Posted on 60s thread on mud.
4. Posted on multiple CA based club threads on Mud.
5. Scan C-list everyday.
6. Set up "for sale" add on SOR website with the information of the theft.
7. Posted to SoCal TLCA specifics and pics.
8. Posted on Expedition Portal website.
9. Contacted Rock Solid Offroad just down the road, so Mike can keep a look-out if it comes his way.
10 Did a drive-around in the neighborhood where my girlfriend's neighbor found his Tacoma.

Things to do still
1. post on Jeep websites (do jeepers know about the internet? :))
2. Post on general offroad enthusiast website(s)

Things I hope I wont have to do
1. Find out from my insurance that the check is in the mail.

Heres a pic of my 60 in its natural environment, aka, being used as truck in a rough work situation .....
IMG_0207.JPG

Last edited:
Miracle of Miracles! She came back! I received a phone call from a traffic cop this morning and she stated that they found my truck! Shes not too worse for wear either. The battery was still there and with a little gas from AAA, drivable. The a******(s) who took it did give her a little body damage and ripped off the driverside sun visor, but nothing too bad. They also cleaned her out of just about everything including my tool box, my recovery gear, my Haltron fire extinguisher, and a maglight flashlight (2nd time that was stolen). She's reparable though.

Interestingly, the peace officer stated that the area where my 60 was found should be "Nuked", she sees so much crime there. For me the area is very suspicious. It was located approximately 3 blocks from where I ended my search in Highland CA. I searched this town because my neighbor claims that his Tacoma was stolen from the same lot and found in basically the same area. I gave up searching that town because I didn't find it. If I had driven literally a 1/4 of a mile more in the same neighborhood, I would have found her. His was stolen about 4 months ago. Sounds like gang activity to me.

After the body damage is fixed I'm going to rekey, get a steering wheel/gas peddle lock and relocate my kill switch. GPS will likely follow.

If I find out who took her.....

Glad you got it back.

Where was the kill switch?

That GPS unit seems more attractive every time I read one of these threads...

That is fantastic. You really didn't want that darn Tacoma anyway! Really happy for you! Good deal...post up the changes you mention to show how you do them.

OUTSTANDING news.

Can't beat that, congratulations.

John

The most awesome of news! Congrats. Man I was feeling like you'd lost one of your best companions. It's nice when a friend comes home. Congrats again!

This is the best news I've seen in a while.

Congratulations.

I was also clicking every time I saw that this thread updated in the hopes of some good news.

And with three days to spare. Nice !!!

Having had my first 4x4 (89 4runner) stolen twice I am very happy to see it back home.

Frank

OUTFUKINGSTANDING! The ***tard who stole it she get a red hot poker up the wazoo! I could not be happier for you.

Dyno

In addition to other theft deterrents, you should also look at the shift locker....

Glad you got it back....

Just in case you find the ass who did this....my Uncle Vic in New Jersey said he knows how to make anyone disappear without a trace for only $2K

Yay! This makes me happy! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom