Builds "WY-REE-KA" A Ground Up 45LPB Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There’s some serious creative skills in your family JP. Can’t wait for the SWB build!

Love the non-sheer-wall house. In CA, with that many window openings and open interior space, you would have sheer-walls and/or steel moment frames all over the place! Looks so much easier to build elsewhere.

Whoa, cool house. Is your father an architect?

Thanks! Yes he and I were both architects, he’s retired now and I’ve been reformed for a few years ;)

There’s some serious creative skills in your family JP. Can’t wait for the SWB build!

Thanks Paul! The best part is with my pops now being retired he’ll be joining in on the Cruiser builds with.

Oh I get it, I just looked a little closer. Your dad is your neighbor?? That’s why i see the SWB.

Good eyes Antony! Like the saying says... “there goes the neighborhood!”

Love the non-sheer-wall house. In CA, with that many window openings and open interior space, you would have sheer-walls and/or steel moment frames all over the place! Looks so much easier to build elsewhere.

Yes there are some advantages to living in the South... lax building codes and more importantly no emissions testing or vehicle inspections :grinpimp:

Thanks! Yes he and I were both architects, he’s retired now and I’ve been reformed for a few years ;)
Great to see you've seen the light. I doubt a Clemson Fan could have pulled off the resto the way a Reformed True Trojan fan did. @daniel.watters Your next LOL

DSC_0404.jpg

Hey JP, @ClemsonCruiser

This build of yours is unbelievable, One of the very few I had my wife read......you gotta read what this guy has done!!

I was intrigued that you found the clear (yellow) fuel line. I never even thought that it was available. Do you have any tips on installing the line to the double nutted union? I know the second nut is smooth on the inside and probably just compresses over the fuel line, but would like to hear your thoughts (while I'm waiting for the fuel line to come.
Thanks,
Paul

001.JPG
1559171325363.png
001.JPG

Thanks Paul @hdjtachtig ,

So can explain the procedure....do I leave the split ring inside the nut, put the fuel line inside this nut and then compress it onto the barb? Or remove the split ring, put it on the hose and then compress the outside nut on the split ring?

Hey JP, @ClemsonCruiser

This build of yours is unbelievable, One of the very few I had my wife read......you gotta read what this guy has done!!

I was intrigued that you found the clear (yellow) fuel line. I never even thought that it was available. Do you have any tips on installing the line to the double nutted union? I know the second nut is smooth on the inside and probably just compresses over the fuel line, but would like to hear your thoughts (while I'm waiting for the fuel line to come.
Thanks,
Paul

View attachment 1989631View attachment 1989632View attachment 1989631View attachment 1989632

Thanks for the kind words Paul. You are lucky to have a wife that would browse through 22 pages of a Cruiser build!

Paul explained the process pretty well above. However I found with the yellow fuel line I used that the outer diameter of the tubing was slightly less than OEM so I had to used a little pvc tape to "thicken" the diameter and then the compression nut held snugly.

Fantastic read. It was like watching a David Fincher production, methodical and always period correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom