Builds "WY-REE-KA" A Ground Up 45LPB Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks! We shall see if there is an appreciation or market for OEM restorations like mine. Hope there is so I can continue doing what I love :beer:

Have you decided how you are going to market this truck? I like the idea of it sitting next to that LV in Dallas Toyota HQ.

It’s on BaT right now as Tornado mentioned. Unfortunately with the build taking me about 3 months longer than I initially planned I had to go for a quick sale as I couldn’t afford to sit on it. I like BaTs platform so I went with them over eBay. I’m still hoping it ends up in a public collection or muesem so it can be seen and enjoyed by all.

It’s on BaT right now as Tornado mentioned. Unfortunately with the build taking me about 3 months longer than I initially planned I had to go for a quick sale as I couldn’t afford to sit on it. I like BaTs platform so I went with them over eBay. I’m still hoping it ends up in a public collection or muesem so it can be seen and enjoyed by all.

I just splashed it on TLCA Facebook

I just splashed it on TLCA Facebook

Thanks Nolen! This would look nice in your hoard.... think of these two contrasting beauties side by side. It would be quite a site :D

Thanks Nolen! This would look nice in your hoard.... think of these two contrasting beauties side by side. It would be quite a site :D

Haha. I hope for your sake it sells for more than all mine are worth combined

I laugh at myself now as I’m so far behind the info curve. I used to pursue being in the forefront of the info curve back in my ISR days at a major defense contractor.

I’m not laughing about this though. In fact I’m trying to figure out my great sense of grief about this. JP I have to keep rereading your words about this is what you love to do. There’s no way I could do this - top shelf work - and then send it away. And it’s obviously not the money. You truly do love this. And on to the next great one. Seriously.

Thanks Paul. I know it doesn't make sense to most sane people but honestly I truly find the process much more enjoyable than the actual end product. And I love showing Cruiserheads just what these old girls looked like when they left the factory. I can't wait to get started on my SWB :D

Hey Rustic, I did reach out to Dan as it was my hope all along it would end up at LCHM but unfortunately they don’t have any room at the current time for another 45.

Thanks
JP

I assume you were able to put some type of reserve on it and hopefully you don't have to let it go for the less than $5.00/hr labor cost reflected in the current bid. I love the 45's and hope to have one someday. I wonder if this level of restoration would have netted the same result on a 40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom