Builds "WY-REE-KA" A Ground Up 45LPB Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not going to lie guys that one hurt. Still enjoyed the heck out of doing the build. Going to have to take a break for a while I think.

That's a bummer. I was expecting something in the 70s.

I personally would not have used bat, never liked the format. I think it’s a 75k truck all day, but the market is coming down with every collectible and it might be more realistic and really puts things into perspective. The 20k lv’s that need everything are not selling anymore. I hate to say it but this will Be for sale again soon and at a much higher asking price. I sold my green goblin in 2012 and it was for sale a month later for 3 times what I sold it for! JP, you do deserve and in my opinion have the bragging rights of the best fj45 resto on the planet!!

What’s the penalty for not following through in the sale? Maybe you eat it in hopes of trying a different format.

JP, I was just passing through Yreka Tuesday evening and I thought about you and the the 45. I had my wife pull up your ad on BAT and I almost had to pull over..... Wow.....like others have said, it sold for way less than its actual value. I know you had fun doing this rebuild so keep your head up...Your work on this 45 LPB was inspiring and second to none ! I hope it went to someone that will really appreciate the 45 and all your attention to detail...

Big morning today!

View attachment 1728829 View attachment 1728831 View attachment 1728830

That’s it for a while fellas head to the Beach for some long over due R&R :beer:

I see you have a Carolina Shophand Engine Lift (I recognize the geometry of it). Very nice!

For future projects: Reminder that the geometry of that can make it tip forward if the arm is extended too far out (ask me how I know... near miss while I was under it).

Beautiful restoration. Learned lots of things from reading it that will help me. Thanks for the careful documentation, and great work!

Last edited:
This whole thread is pure gold. Saw it linked by @wngrog elsewhere in the forum and just soaked the whole thing up. Pure artistry and craftsmanship in this build. Beautiful.

What is the material you used for the window metal gasket? Looks like self adhesive tape. I think SOR sells something but they want ~40 bucs per window :confused:

It was a generic thin sheet of rubber
I sourced from Amazon and I believe it was either 1/32” or 1/16”. I cut it in strips to fit as I needed. It was rather time consuming to make everything fit well and look right. I wasn’t aware SOR had them but knowing that now I might go that route on the next build to save time.

It was a generic thin sheet of rubber
I sourced from Amazon and I believe it was either 1/32” or 1/16”. I cut it in strips to fit as I needed. It was rather time consuming to make everything fit well and look right. I wasn’t aware SOR had them but knowing that now I might go that route on the next build to save time.

Perfect, thanks!

So, where did it go JP?

Sorry for the late reply, I took a bit of a Mud hiatus after the build. The old girl ended up in Germany with a private Collector. Haven’t heard much from him other than it arrived there last month and he was very happy with it.

Good news is I drug the SWB R/T out of hibernation this week and started the tear down on it. I’ll have a resto. thread up soon!

Sorry for the late reply, I took a bit of a Mud hiatus after the build. The old girl ended up in Germany with a private Collector. Haven’t heard much from him other than it arrived there last month and he was very happy with it.

Good news is I drug the SWB R/T out of hibernation this week and started the tear down on it. I’ll have a resto. thread up soon!

He lives!!!!

After I wrapped up this build I was coerced by my father in to helping him finish building his new house. It was only supposed to be a month or so which turned into 4, in the end though it was nice to take a break from Cruisers. It really helped get my batteries recharged for the SWB restoration. Anyways enough rambling here is the house, it’s unique to say the least.... still have a few things to finish.

B85BBCD6-5382-4BF9-BEDC-7F9BFFB0C394.jpeg

A9071533-2EE9-415C-9B0F-AD5A6FB88CDA.jpeg

C8D72EAC-91F2-442A-B522-C3737983F925.jpeg

4FC149A6-C801-4491-9CC6-F4BD89C0BEB0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom