Wheels that work, part numbers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

27 pages in, and I've seen some awesome setups! Hopefully there's enough life left in here to shed some light on my question. I'm looking at some US Wheel 94 Series Black Modular rims, and they're 15x8's with 3.75 backspacing. I really couldn't find a solid answer on this particular size in this thread. Obvious question is if they'll clear TRE and calipers. U.S. Wheel 94 Series Black Modular Wheels 94-5860

@NearJetties - I've been admiring those TRD wheels for a long time and always wondering how/if they would fit. I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a set of my own. Did you order them through a dealership?

@sbelinge I did, best price I could find was ~$170 each at McGeorge Toyota in Richmond. I was able to get one closer to me to price match them. Shipping versus paying tax was a wash.

The black ones are slightly less expensive and you might have an easier time finding those as takeoffs since they’re more common.

I found the new set of OEM lug nuts for $60 shipped on ebay.

After months of false starts, I finally got Pacer 164B-6883’s with 13x11.5” BFG’s. They are -6mm offset, which equates to about a 3.75” backspace. They barely touched the tie rod ends, so I installed them with 1/4 spacers. I was trying to keep the “stock look” but couldn’t find anything that fit, so I settled on these. Now that they’re mounted, I’ve come to like the look!

40198D45-970D-4E4C-B4B6-C5E94726B248.jpeg
64EC648D-B3FC-42A4-9D1C-071ED22B8B96.jpeg

I really couldn't find a solid answer

I'm not sure about the back spacing.... But 30 years ago I bought the 7" version of that wheel. Yes they're still making it. Wow. Exact same wheel from US Wheel but 7" instead of 8". It fit fine.
The chrome though isn't very durable and they'll start rusting pretty quickly. Nowhere near the chrome quality of the original Toyota chrome wheels. I sold them to a buddy with a 60 (28 years ago) and he still has them on his truck. They're rusty but still ok enough.

I'm not sure about the back spacing.... But 30 years ago I bought the 7" version of that wheel. Yes they're still making it. Wow. Exact same wheel from US Wheel but 7" instead of 8". It fit fine.
The chrome though isn't very durable and they'll start rusting pretty quickly. Nowhere near the chrome quality of the original Toyota chrome wheels. I sold them to a buddy with a 60 (28 years ago) and he still has them on his truck. They're rusty but still ok enough.
Thanks for the help! That's kind of what I figured, but I love the look. Just more maintenance. haha

After months of searching for a black alloy rims that would fit without any spacers, I gave up and just purchased the silver polished Level 8 Tracker rims. They were available in black several years ago and sourced on several builds here on mud including Bean's here.
The silver ones are probably going to be gone soon since the rim has been completely discontinued. They are currently available at several online retailers but seem to be going fast - I purchased mine on Ebay. Since I was looking for black rims, I had them powder coated locally and just got them mounted yesterday.
I can confirm they fit perfectly without spacers and provide about 1/4 - 1/2" of space to TRE's, no rubbing at all. On another note, my old tires looked like they were in great shape - almost "new-like" tread on them but the tire shop confirmed they were sixteen years old! YIKES! The ride is so much nicer on the KO2's so I'm assuming those old tires were rock hard- check your tire manufacturer dates!

Rim Specs
Level 8 Tracker Polished Aluminum Wheel
16 x 8.5 / 6 x 139.7 / 3.77 backspace / -25mm offset
Part Number: 1685LTK-56140P08

Tires

BFG KO2 285 / 75R16

After months of searching for a black alloy rims that would fit without any spacers, I gave up and just purchased the silver polished Level 8 Tracker rims. They were available in black several years ago and sourced on several builds here on mud including Bean's here.
The silver ones are probably going to be gone soon since the rim has been completely discontinued. They are currently available at several online retailers but seem to be going fast - I purchased mine on Ebay. Since I was looking for black rims, I had them powder coated locally and just got them mounted yesterday.
I can confirm they fit perfectly without spacers and provide about 1/4 - 1/2" of space to TRE's, no rubbing at all. On another note, my old tires looked like they were in great shape - almost "new-like" tread on them but the tire shop confirmed they were sixteen years old! YIKES! The ride is so much nicer on the KO2's so I'm assuming those old tires were rock hard- check your tire manufacturer dates!

Rim Specs

Looks great! How much of the tyre bulge is outside the fender?
A friend has a 61 with flares, might work well with this setup!

Rim Specs

Tires

BFG KO2 285 / 75R16

View attachment 1980626

View attachment 1980628

I hear ya man, frustrating.....I waited the better part of a year hoping to get my black AE Alloy 100 order fulfilled. I even got through to one of the production guys at AE, he told me back then they were not discontinued but just limited production anymore. Ultimately they had to kill my order....those wheels were DC'd.

I considered those Level 8 Trackers as well. Ended up with 16x8 steel wagon wheels, black PC, perfect fit and BS, 285/75. IMO, that tire size looks fantastic on these wagons if you want the slightly bigger, less tall skinny look.

@TLC Norway - I tried to take a pic that shows the very slight, if any, bulge outside fender but there is barely any tire sticking out beyond the side of the 60. I'd agree with @Skniper that this size is good compromise and looks great for a "slightly" bigger / less skinny look.
Also, you can search the 60 forum for 285/75/16's as i think several people have asked so there should be multiple pics with better angles out there. thanks!

[/QUOTE]

@TLC Norway - I tried to take a pic that shows the very slight, if any, bulge outside fender but there is barely any tire sticking out beyond the side of the 60. I'd agree with @Skniper that this size is good compromise and looks great for a "slightly" bigger / less skinny look.
Also, you can search the 60 forum for 285/75/16's as i think several people have asked so there should be multiple pics with better angles out there. thanks!

View attachment 1981452

[/QUOTE]

Your’s looks very much like mine with regard to “bulge”. See post #256.

Your’s looks very much like mine with regard to “bulge”. See post #256.
[/QUOTE]
That would be post #526 :).

I really tried to get something out of this thread but I think I have more questions than answers now.

Say I want to run a 31 or 32inx10.50 tire on a *cheap* 15 or 16in steelie wheel with holes and *without* any kind of spacer. What are my options?

Update:

Got all the wheels in and found a farmer here locally who had just pulled a set of five matching 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer AT3s off of his 80-series. Just got them mounted up, and everything fits well. I couldn't be happier with the new look. The Pro Comp Series 97s (PN 977983S3.5) are 17x9 with 3.5" backspacing. If you're after the pizza cutter look - these aren't the parts you want to use. As you can see, everything sits flush and has a full, balanced look. Haven't stuffed everything into the fenders yet, but there are several inches clearance of all nearby components at full lock in each direction.

Ended up getting a set of the same pro comp wheels and BFG All terrains in 275/70r17 from 4 wheel parts. Still waiting on them to get mounted and balanced but I did test fit one wheel on my buddy’s 85 FJ60 and can confirm they fit the without any spacers or grinding on the front calipers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom