Wheels that work, part numbers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow – I didn’t realize how complicated it was trying to spend some $$ on new FJ60 rims. This thread is a good read with some great info!
Of course, I landed on wanting either the 16” black American Eagle Alloy 100’s or Level 8 Trackers and they are both no longer in production. F&$%! Black / Alloy / 16” / correct backspacing looks to be about impossible to find so I’m leaning toward just going 33 x 10.5 on stock 15” rims.
If anyone in the Pac NW is trying to unload a set of Level 8 Trackers in 16” / -25mm offset, let me know!

Wow – I didn’t realize how complicated it was trying to spend some $$ on new FJ60 rims. This thread is a good read with some great info!
Of course, I landed on wanting either the 16” black American Eagle Alloy 100’s or Level 8 Trackers and they are both no longer in production. F&$%! Black / Alloy / 16” / correct backspacing looks to be about impossible to find so I’m leaning toward just going 33 x 10.5 on stock 15” rims.
If anyone in the Pac NW is trying to unload a set of Level 8 Trackers in 16” / -25mm offset, let me know!

@Major Nelson?

I'll have a set of Stealth F5's with BFG AT's that i'm trying to unload shortly. Less than 1k miles on the tires and not a single mark on any of the 5 wheels. (lettering still has the blue on them). Already have one person interested here...but he's not committed yet.

i love my stealth wheels. some of the nicer finishes i’ve seen on wheels i’ve bought and i think they look right at home on the 62
5805780D-0BB4-4123-9B5F-D66D83FF3289.jpeg
1956AA03-0E0D-4869-B093-4FC78DA7A033.jpeg

Last edited:
Scratch that. Found it back a couple pages , duh.

Crap yeah I just saw that. I basically cannot find any 16x8 wheels that will work.

What about the Mickey Thompson Classics P/N 90000001773, they're 16x8 3.6" BS (-22 offset) and what I'm getting soon.

Also look for an online backspace calculator, it will give you inches of backspace for a mm offset (specify +/-) and a given wheel width.

What about the Mickey Thompson Classics P/N 90000001773, they're 16x8 3.6" BS (-22 offset) and what I'm getting soon.

I am condisering these also. A little pricey... Center bore is 106.1 mm, slightly smaller than the stock 106.25. I don’t know if that’s a problem or not.

Pro-comp 87-6883 no more available :(

I will consider trailer wheel 16x6 with zero offset (3.5 back spacing) really easier to find :)

Last edited:
Pro-comp 87-6883 no more available :(

I will consider trailer wheel 16x6 with zero offset (3.5 back spacing) really

easier to find :)

Bummer to hear the PC 87-6883 not available, those fit well on my 62.

Before you get a trailer wheel that is not recommended for a passenger vehicle...I ordered 16x8 “custom” steel wheels from Summit. I got them in raw steel and had them powder coated.
You can order the backspacing which, btw, is not as critical in a 16” or larger rim. What’s important is the center hub of these wheels fits around the front brake calipers. No rubbing. No spacer bullsh*t.

Bummer to hear the PC 87-6883 not available, those fit well on my 62.

Before you get a trailer wheel that is not recommended for a passenger vehicle...I ordered 16x8 “custom” steel wheels from Summit. I got them in raw steel and had them powder coated.
You can order the backspacing which, btw, is not as critical in a 16” or larger rim. What’s important is the center hub of these wheels fits around the front brake calipers. No rubbing. No spacer bullsh*t.

@Skniper Do you have the specs on the custom wheel? I called US Wheel and they told me there was limitations as to how far they could go with backspace. I left the call thinking that it wouldn’t work, so I’d like to revisit this option. I appreciate your comment regarding that backspace is less critical with a 16” wheel. I have stock calipers so hopefully I can tolerate more backspace without having to use spacers.

I just looked at the US Wheels website again. This is the company that makes the custom ordered wheels for Summit. I was interested in the 16X8 8-spoke Series 70 wheels, because they look similar to the stock cruiser wheels. They come standard with 4.5” backspacing. According to the backspace tables, which tell you the maximum adjustment they can do for a custom order, the minimum backspacing for that wheel is only 4.25. You could also reverse the wheel, but that takes you way out of the ballpark. I concluded that 4.25 was still too much. Seems like it would be better to just go with the standard 4.5 and use 1” spacers.

@Skniper Do you have the specs on the custom wheel? I called US Wheel and they told me there was limitations as to how far they could go with backspace. I left the call thinking that it wouldn’t work, so I’d like to revisit this option. I appreciate your comment regarding that backspace is less critical with a 16” wheel. I have stock calipers so hopefully I can tolerate more backspace without having to use spacers.

John, I’ll have to dig up the info on the wheels I had done by US Wheel, and find some photos.
They are not offering all the backspace options that they used to, I had a few conversations with a guy there trying to figure it all out. IIRC, it was something they changed about the outer rim blanks. Ultimately he was able to source and build the backspacing I was looking for. Again I’ll have to find the details.

Backspacing does matter, but as you go larger diameter (16,17,18”) the rim tends to fit around/over the tie rods, etc even when moved inboard with deeper backspacing, although you start running the risk of the tire itself rubbing on the frame rails or fender lining, if that makes sense.

The toughest part of fitting aftermarket wheels to these trucks I found is how the inner hub/spoke design fits around the front calipers. The area of the wheel that is just outside the lug nut circle has to angle out or bowl outward just enough to fit around the calipers. It’s a critical tight space. I was surprised at just how close the stock chrome steel wheels pass by the calipers. It’s hard to see but can you feel inside with your pinky finger how close it is. And be careful!...it will mash the crap out of a finger if you spin the wheel.
I am anti spacer, fwiw.

John, I’ll have to dig up the info on the wheels I had done by US Wheel, and find some photos.
They are not offering all the backspace options that they used to, I had a few conversations with a guy there trying to figure it all out. IIRC, it was something they changed about the outer rim blanks. Ultimately he was able to source and build the backspacing I was looking for. Again I’ll have to find the details.

Backspacing does matter, but as you go larger diameter (16,17,18”) the rim tends to fit around/over the tie rods, etc even when moved inboard with deeper backspacing, although you start running the risk of the tire itself rubbing on the frame rails or fender lining, if that makes sense.

The toughest part of fitting aftermarket wheels to these trucks I found is how the inner hub/spoke design fits around the front calipers. The area of the wheel that is just outside the lug nut circle has to angle out or bowl outward just enough to fit around the calipers. It’s a critical tight space. I was surprised at just how close the stock chrome steel wheels pass by the calipers. It’s hard to see but can you feel inside with your pinky finger how close it is. And be careful!...it will mash the crap out of a finger if you spin the wheel.
I am anti spacer, fwiw.

I’m with you, I want to avoid spacers. Unfortunately, a lot of the wheel choices that appear early on on this thread are no longer available and now we’re left with very few choices. Again, I’m considering 16X7’s instead of 8’s so I can get the correct B.S. I really don’t want to go with the Mickey T’s, Level 8’s or Raceline because I don’t like black wheels, don’t want to maintain polished wheels, and I don’t like the fake beadlock. So custom 16X7 silver powder coated wheels are probably what I’ve got to go with.

Sounds like you’re a candidate for FN Wheels countersteer Type X. They only list a 16 4.5” backspace on their website (not sure why) but if you call or email they have version that fits with without spacers.

Konig Countersteer Type X

Diameter: 16"
Width: 8"
Offset: -20mm
Backspacing: 3.71"

They’re in this thread somewhere (as are the 17” version) but here’s a pic. These will likely end up on my truck. Think they have bronze, silver, charcoal, and black.

B945BCF0-461C-4F4D-A43E-82E935B0C523.jpeg
635C52E8-32CD-4D7C-A543-78487536D77F.jpeg
6D7B5186-7122-47BF-A014-7D65EBE1A491.jpeg
78609271-C306-42D2-8093-5E8337E75DC5.jpeg

Sounds like you’re a candidate for FN Wheels countersteer Type X. They only list a 16 4.5” backspace on their website (not sure why) but if you call or email they have version that fits with without spacers.

Konig Countersteer Type X

Diameter: 16"
Width: 8"
Offset: -20mm
Backspacing: 3.71"

They’re in this thread somewhere (as are the 17” version) but here’s a pic. These will likely end up on my truck. Think they have bronze, silver, charcoal, and black.

View attachment 1873817

Thanks, They’re something to consider. They deviate a little too far from the stock look for my taste, but the matte silver doesn’t look too bad...

You might want to consider these Toyota 70-Series Land Cruiser 16" wheels:

fj60-lift-1-jpg.1733373

BFG LT235/85R16 ATs, ~32" tall.

I have looked at those. The problem is that they’re only 6” wide, despite what a few have written earlier on this thread. I’m looking for a wider tire, like a 265/75R16. I know others have mounted this tire on the wheel you’re suggesting, but the specs for that tire says the minimum wheel width is 7”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom