Builds What's a Parts Guy to Do?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Onur, I need a fairly rust free body to move all my current FJ60 drivetrain, suspension, tires, brakes over to.
Just saying, You know, if you need to get rid of an incomplete FJ60 or something.

@FJ40Jim

I'd like to see that Jim. I like seeing nice trucks stay in the family. I've known this truck for many years, since way before Onur owned it, and was super happy when he ended up with it. It's a nice rolling chassis at this point and likely still has the ARB air lockers and 4.11 gearing in the axles.

I miss seeing Beno posts in the 60 section... :(

Don't go!!!

More pics of the 40 please. Specifically, the new trans crossmember and the old tubular crossmember, I need ideas for what to do with mine.

Dyno

Maybe Beno is secretly building the 40 for himself...

A head's up to hoarders and restorers out there.... some nice new OEM discontinued 60/62 parts will be available for sale soon as well as some nice used, non-rust, California parts. :) Keep any eye out in the For Sale section....

[Though I am thinking about not even dealing with the MUD "take 74 pics of 1 part, 94 emails back and forth, waste a lot of my time on a $5 parts" crowd and putting everything up on eBay for the highest bid!]

This is just a small sampling of the parts available that are either new OEM or new OEM discontinued.

IMG_6729.JPG

Much of the weatherstripping, switches, etc. are the same. IE: for either 60/61/62
Of course. Definitely interested to see what pops up for sale...

Nothing is for sale yet. Vultures! :)

And anything that is OEM New discontinued will not be negotiated; The price is what it is.

Anyway, no more posts. I can see this derailing quick from a technical thread into a sale/argue thread.

Which would make me sad.

No thanks.

Later.
Onur

Sold. It's been a great ride. But my 60 is ready for a new caretaker.

I think the new owner and his plan for its future is just exactly what I would want for my 60.

Excited to get it delivered to Texas in the near future.

This thread is officially over. :(. Bitter sweet.

Sold. It's been a great ride. But my 60 is ready for a new caretaker.

I think the new owner and his plan for its future is just exactly what I would want for my 60.

Excited to get it delivered to Texas in the near future.

This thread is officially over. :(. Bitter sweet.

In the not-too-distant past when a thread like this would come along, you know someone selling off a great 60, some of the replies would be along the lines of, "in the future if you want you can fine another." As this thread is over I think the days of going out and finding the next ideal 60 are also almost over.

Still wondering - in transit to where (only if you care to share :))? Back to NM?

Congrats and happy it's going to a good home. Definitely one of the best threads ever. Hopefully the new owner will keep this amazing story going...

Sad to see your build end but am glad you've found a good adoptive home for your extraordinary Cruiser.

This has been a fantastic reference thread for both processes and part numbers. Thanks, Onur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom