What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got hardtop back on
DSCN1616.jpg

That soft top looks damn good on your rig! Whoever sold that to you must be a really great guy. Can't wait to see the final product

How on earth did you do that?

View attachment 632393

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

First track of the day (unfamiliar), going down hill fell into a run on the left side and collected a tree.. was distracted by the UHF at the same time too..

fjeng said:
Getting closer! Got my soft top, bows, and now just to finish up

Good looking truck. Ours are almost twins. I'll installing the soft top in a few weeks too.

Drove the 76 to the Lone Star meeting and made its weekly Sunday BBQ run.
4+ swing away tire carrier and rack arrived for the 79. Also aired up the extra "mule" set of tires and wheels so I can roll the 79 out of the garage to drop the 5.3 in the hole.

5 weeks of being sick, finally got out into my sweat shop, made a new seat cover. Never done it before with welt cord. The white is boat seat material that came with my sewing machine, so figured what the heck, something to play with, plus its FL white will be a lot cooler(less hot). I will make another one, but I was very tickled with how my first attempt came out.

Nice work!

RUSEY42 said:
Driving around and saw this today.

SWEET!

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Took the rear floor/bed back to bare steel to get most of the surface rust off. Spent the good part of 9 hours doing so. 3 wire wheels later and I got as best i could :)

Comparison to forward area near front seats

Also managed to take the roof cage and bar work off my troopy. looks so much better, and got roughly and inch of lift out of it :D

Removed a leaf from each of my front spring packs in an effort to lower the front just a bit to even out the sag. Raising the rear via AAL or re-arcing is not an option if I want to continue parking in the garage. While I had the springs apart, I also put in a set of 2.5 caster shims. Worked out like a champ!

The reduced caster angle made a noticeable improvement in steering input and smoother handling. My 30-mph wobble is gone, and in general it feels like a different truck. Today I'll inspect and adjust the brakes.

Did you have 7 leafs in the front before or after removing one? My front end sits too high too and I have reverse shackles but no bump steering problem. Thinking of removing one leaf and there is 8 in there now. Thanks,

Rob

Been driving with top and doors off and windshield folded for about a month now... strange thing I noticed... I get waves & nods from motorcyclists...:cheers: and envious looks from Jeep drivers....:flipoff2:

all four rear driveshaft (to the pinion flange) bolts were finger loose this morning... tightened them back up.... what's up with that?

After 3 years I guess it's time to go re-torque everything

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom