What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

last sunday found a very nice,creepy fog road...:D
100_0444.jpg
100_0446.jpg
100_0447.jpg

Got my new heater valve setup in and going nuts trying to figure out wiring for a TBI set up. :D
The mount for the Delco master I made last year and I'm getting that all buttoned up right now.

IMAG0511.jpg

I just adjusted my rear brakes for the first time in about 5 years. Stops much better now. Took it for a test drive in the rain and after a few miles the wiper motor started screaming at me. So I came home, took the motor apart, cleaned it all up, re-greased the gearbox, and put it all back together. Now that's working better than ever too.

oil change, fuel filter, coolant added, ground away part of bumper to reveal chassis ID number...

GOT IT REGISTERED!

Eshu Elegua, your cruiser looks awesome. love that second pic down.

installed new master cylinder, bled brakes. drained rear end, replaced the couple of mangled studs on the bottom of the diff cover, reinstalled diff cover and filled.

started looking at the rear driveline, looks like its been bound up a couple of times. went to install the zerk fitting missing from the u joint on the slip yolk end and discovered the u joint was put in backwards so the zerk wont clear. which means someone did it wrong,and then just said fxxx it, we'll just remove the zerk rather than to fit it. The shoddy work some people do just amazes me

After a year of constantly scanning Craigslist and the Mud classifieds I finally scored a fully functioning and complete Warn 8274. It's in great condition and included the remote.

The best part is it only cost me $200.00

fzr400guy-albums-winch-picture22359-imag0185.jpg

fzr400guy-albums-winch-picture22360-imag0186.jpg

I can bolt it up and she's ready to go now but I think I'm going to give it a little refresh along with changing the oil.

5 weeks of being sick, finally got out into my sweat shop, made a new seat cover. Never done it before with welt cord. The white is boat seat material that came with my sewing machine, so figured what the heck, something to play with, plus its FL white will be a lot cooler(less hot). I will make another one, but I was very tickled with how my first attempt came out.
DSCF0086.jpg
DSCF0084.jpg

Finally....low/low

Finally got to wheel my Cruiser, up Imogene in Ouray, Colorado.....went up as far as we could , still not open, maybe the middle of June, but for now it was great to finally drop it in low low and creep along in my own backyard..
First run up Imogene 036.jpg
First run up Imogene 103.jpg
First run up Imogene 076.jpg

the week before last I got these in
4.56's, chinese air locker in the front:
12040179.jpg

The last week this:
gt2052 turbo, denco manifold
12040190.jpg

Went out yesterday and 5mins in did this:
552854_10150795823204103_695204102_9496159_1368958044_n.jpg

so now have a fresh windscreen frame painted and waiting for glass to install.

Finally got back from a week working away from home, so I pretty much jumped straight into removing the rooftop cage/exoskeleton of my troopy, so that I can start get into rust areas easily enough. Tomorrow I will be taking the bed/floor to bare steel, then lightly primer grey it to protect it from further surface rust whilst I'm away for work. Build thread will be updated once it is daytime here to get decent progress pics.

Removed a leaf from each of my front spring packs in an effort to lower the front just a bit to even out the sag. Raising the rear via AAL or re-arcing is not an option if I want to continue parking in the garage. While I had the springs apart, I also put in a set of 2.5 caster shims. Worked out like a champ!

The reduced caster angle made a noticeable improvement in steering input and smoother handling. My 30-mph wobble is gone, and in general it feels like a different truck. Today I'll inspect and adjust the brakes.
DSCN3748.jpg
DSCN3753.jpg
DSCN3752.jpg

How on earth did you do that?

image-1865125703.jpg

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.
image-1865125703.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom