What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is painful to watch. Glad everyone was OK.

Matt being the typical goof when announcing the LC model.

Is this Yankum guy on MUD. Is the LX getting saved? Seems like it could be.

I didn't know 80s had a folding windshield :doh:

I call BS xj's don't rescue lexuses. Fake news!

This is painful to watch. Glad everyone was OK.

Matt being the typical goof when announcing the LC model.

Is this Yankum guy on MUD. Is the LX getting saved? Seems like it could be.

Rant time....

I don't get why people use 80's for rock crawling. They can certainly handle it and perform well, but I do not think they are optimal for crawling. This is a great example of why, what a waste of a clean bodied rig.

I feel like 80 series are much better suited for general offroading, going on adventures, exploring, and boonie bashing. Rock crawlers should stick with smaller rigs.

This area is literally in my backyard. I could be up on that trail in 30 minutes. Years ago I spent alot of time wheeling sand mtn and riding dirt bikes up there. Now it has turned into a giant s*** show with a ton of idiots from Vegas and Cali in their bought not built jeeps. I can see why Matt's offroad recovery has been so successful. I almost think some people get stuck on purpose just so they can be on his YouTube channel.

Even riding dirt bikes up there has become sketchy with all the morons in their side by sides and jeeps, half of which are drinking all day, it is just too dangerous to ride up there.

I went out Tuesday evening to shoot a new gun and let the dogs get some exercise. The cliffs in the background are sand mtn.

20210126_174758.jpg
20210126_174727.jpg

Rant time....

I don't get why people use 80's for rock crawling. They can certainly handle it and perform well, but I do not think they are optimal for crawling. This is a great example of why, what a waste of a clean bodied rig.

I feel like 80 series are much better suited for general offroading, going on adventures, exploring, and boonie bashing. Rock crawlers should stick with smaller rigs.

This area is literally in my backyard. I could be up on that trail in 30 minutes. Years ago I spent alot of time wheeling sand mtn and riding dirt bikes up there. Now it has turned into a giant s*** show with a ton of idiots from Vegas and Cali in their bought not built jeeps. I can see why Matt's offroad recovery has been so successful. I almost think some people get stuck on purpose just so they can be on his YouTube channel.

Even riding dirt bikes up there has become sketchy with all the morons in their side by sides and jeeps, half of which are drinking all day, it is just too dangerous to ride up there.

I went out Tuesday evening to shoot a new gun and let the dogs get some exercise. The cliffs in the background are sand mtn.

View attachment 2567722View attachment 2567723

I think you drive what you've got. We can't all be Jay Leno. I've got Land Cruisers. If I want to go somewhere, that's my option. Plus, there was a safe line. The driver didn't see the problem and rolled. Spend enough time in the jungle and you'll find the tiger. Or it will find you.

Rant time....

I wouldn’t call what it was doing in the video “rock crawling” at all.

Looked like driver error to me... she obviously needs a lowered XJ or should be riding with the guy taking the correct line and learning lines before getting behind the wheel.
Agreed, poor decision and, too fast. Also can't rule out being distracted. Wheeling in a group is fun and often advised but, they should be following the leader and not fanned out all over the trail. The driver may have been paying too much attention to the drivers on the left, right and directly behind instead of what was before them.

To the point of the "Rant". My brother has lived in Vegas his whole life. He could not agree more. He takes his Montero (yea, I know!) to anyplace that is far enough out to shoot and let his dogs run free. I say let all the city folk go to Disneyland like places. It keeps them out of the real country where you have to recover yourself when you get stuck.

You have to give Matt credit for not mad mouthing his clients for some of the stuff he sees.

Rant time....

It's all because he let his wife drive.

I wouldn’t call what it was doing in the video “rock crawling” at all.

Maybe not rock crawling at the time, but if your going up to sand mtn Aka sand hollow with a 4x4 you are going there to rock crawl, or play in the tiny dunes.

Agreed, poor decision and, too fast. Also can't rule out being distracted. Wheeling in a group is fun and often advised but, they should be following the leader and not fanned out all over the trail. The driver may have been paying too much attention to the drivers on the left, right and directly behind instead of what was before them.

That's the problem with this area, you can basically drive wherever you want. Everybody fans out and you have people in all kinds of machines going every which way. Factor in the alcohol, sand dunes, hoodoos and other rock formations, and you have a recipe for collisions. It seems like every Saturday during the summer you will see a life flight heading to Sand Mtn.

Edit: I digress, after watching this video again, not at 5:30 AM, I realize this was not filmed on Sand Mtn. I believe it was filmed just north of Kanab Ut. But I still stand by my rant lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom