What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If things stay at a standstill I might end up doing a front axle rebuild at some point...

:doh:

Took a run out to watch the Atlas rocket launch.
20200326_160352.jpg

That's all now until April 6th. Full lockdown with a curfew thrown in for good measure starts tonight.

No pics, but used my winch to pull about 30 bushes for my parents. I taught my mom how to use it. She did a couple solo, then we teamed. I pulled the cable and hooked, she ran the winch controller and engagement. She loved it.

Got an early start to the weekend since I'm supposed to work remote until at least June 30th. Took inspiration from @Overland Tailor (BoltRipper) build and started adding USB ports in the rear doors. I'm not 100% if I'll leave the plate recessed like it is or get thicker Kydex but I like the idea of it not sticking way up. Will also add one in the console. I've got a Wagan inverter to add 120v power in a few places as well. Ordering carpet soon so everything inside will come out. I'm thinking about painting all of the plastic panels with SEM brand to match the original color while I've got it torn apart. Also put Dynamat in the door "while I was in there". The plan is to do inside the doors, quarters, and floor once it's torn apart.

20200326_185856.jpg

Installed the RJ45 and USB mounts from @Outsane . Really cleaned up my install. Both ports are run to my Midland MXT275 MicroMobile GMRS radio at this time. I’ll swap the USB over to a head unit whenever I get one and install it.

View attachment 2244119

View attachment 2244120

where did you mount your remote unit? Any pics or tips for the install? I was thinking of mounting in the PS rear quarter panel using a bunch of turbo Velcro.

Mine just showed up in the mail today. I’m waiting on the Gamaviti antenna bracket to tear everything apart.http://www.gamiviti.com/antenna-brackets

Thanks for looking.

our plans to be at Canyonlands Needles for spring break had been turned upside down so we decided to stay local and went up to Superior National Forest for a whiter version of social distancing.

We arrived with fresh snow still coming down
20200322_145835.jpg

And got my kids to work
20200322_152321.jpg

and play...
20200323_124237.jpg

and got the truck looking like a marshmallow
20200324_153200.jpg

Four days, total social interaction - one forest ranger probably wondering what the heck this family is up to.

That's slick. How did you wire it?
Thanks, Aux Battery to a Blue Sea fuse box in the rear cubby hole. I ran the wires up over the headliner to the hatch grommet and down to the switch. The Superbright bar was fastened to the trim panel using four of their screw in clips.
I used the same light under the hood too.
62212949-C431-48BE-84C5-A17E34E8AADC.jpeg

Last edited:
Took advantage of idle quarantine hands to replace a perfectly good DVD/Android head unit with a CarPlay one. Fortunately the Kenwood that came out was wired nicely and had a Crutchfield style adapter harness, so it was a one banana job. Unfortunately I didn’t have any mini wedge bulbs on hand to replace the burnt ones while I was in there.

41F04C0B-FA42-46CB-B9A3-6273B7EC8798.jpeg

where did you mount your remote unit? Any pics or tips for the install? I was thinking of mounting in the PS rear quarter panel using a bunch of turbo Velcro.

Mine just showed up in the mail today. I’m waiting on the Gamaviti antenna bracket to tear everything apart.http://www.gamiviti.com/antenna-brackets

Thanks for looking.
I actually just have it Velcro’d to the bottom of the factory head unit right now. That will not be it’s final resting place. I plan to put it in the rear quarter panel, as well. I need to get a fuse block back there.

This was actually a couple weeks ago, but I picked up my BIOR tube bumper from mike and threw it on the truck for a quick test fit (stupid easy install with 1 person). I ordered it a little custom (no fairlead plate, no stinger), and I plan to make a handful of modifications before paint and final install. MIke was easy to work with and the bumper is lightweight and looks really stout. Cheapest on the market AFAIK aside from the Trail Gear one. Made in Colorado.

BIOR Bumper.jpg

BIOR Bumper2.jpg

Happy to be part of Joey's new QC team. Changed out this 3 year old, sun bleached beta sticker..
20200327_114651.jpg

For the new MK 2 model sporting UV 400 protection..

20200327_115829.jpg

Let's see how well UV 400 stands up to the Sunshine State..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom