What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh man, I didn’t even know about it. I totally could have made it. I’m really bummed now. Wish someone would have PMd me. :(

Oh man, I didn’t even know about it. I totally could have made it. I’m really bummed now. Wish someone would have PMd me. :(

Thought you were on the thread. Go to Clubhouse, then Buckeye Birfield and look for Central Ohio Cruiser get together.

Thought you were on the thread. Go to Clubhouse, then Buckeye Birfield and look for Central Ohio Cruiser get together.
I am...I was...guess I missed the posts. My fault totally.

Reactions: xlx
I installed the Delt ceiling brackets with a shelf from the container store. I wanted to do something a little different and since my interior is tan I purchased some tan camo Plasti Dip. Thanks again Mickey for the great idea on the Delta brackets!

The color match looks GREAT! Now I need to remove mine and redo it :).

You know there are some repairs that just need to be done and they just get checked off the list. Then there are others that bring an AWESOME SENSE OF SATISFACTION when you complete them as you had to step out of your comfort zone of skills and go into the depths of an area you hadn't been before.

For me, this was one of them :bounce:. EGR Readiness Achieved in less than a mile of driving after this addition!!!

I used much of the info in the thread below to build the relay harness to give the ECU the values it needs to achieve EGR readiness. Coupled with @LC4LIFE 's EGR test plug the great state of NJ:bang: will still allow me to use my truck on public roads. I have an intermittent PO401 code that I'm still troubleshooting and am up against an inspection deadline. This is the fix for now.

EGR Readiness Achieved with EGR Removed! If you do this, read the whole thread as pinouts change between years. Post # 40 was particularly helpful.

Purchased resistor assortment and vampire taps. Assembled harness as per thread. Many thanks to @AppleTech for the trial and error work he did many years ago to perfect this setup. Others contributed as well, but his posts were particularly helpful to me. Relay harness is in lower right.
EGR Rediness Relay 1.jpg

Removed all components blocking access to the ECU and unplugged harness from bottom of ECU. CAREFULLY tapped into the needed input wires as described in thread noted above. Lying on your back in 25 degree weather, with your head stuffed up under the dash, for a few hours is FUN. I'm getting too old for this ...:).
EGR Rediness Relay 2.jpg

Relay harness attached. I didn't even drive more than a mile before the EGR readiness monitor turned green on my scanner. Woo Hoo!!!
EGR Readiness Relay 3.jpg

Now that I know this method works, I will solder and shrink tube the relay harness into the ECU harness for future use. I can just tuck it up under the dash and if I ever need to achieve EGR readiness again (anytime battery is disconnected) then all I need to do is plug the relay into the harness and I'm good to go.

Last edited:
Installed Delta's shelf brackets and knocked one off my rig's to-do list with the rear shelf. Dawn patrol to lay down some fresh tracks in the Angeles Crest high country, and then pick up the whipper to hit the dirt...looking for "ego dirt" but the ground froze and couldn't soak up the rain. Triple-locked to get up into higher sites in Hungry Valley SVRA and had it pretty much to ourselves...minus the knuckleheads with a pickup full of M80's that went off all night. Slept nice & cozy in the Roofnest at about 34ºF and woke up to a frost-coated world, and once out of the drainage the riding in the hills was indeed epic.

I've got to say, Duratracs kick ass in the snow and icy roads, ride great on the freeway, but get loaded up and become bowling balls in the mud. I'll take their snow and ice performance over mud effectiveness any day...but it does have me thinking about other tire options. Maybe siped MTR's.

Capped it off with the whipper earning his keep and cooking up carne asada on the BioLite over hickory chips, and then later washing it all down - yes he was chanting IH8MUD too, haha.

Another Cruiser-infused weekend yeah yeah.

In two parts...

1 IMG_2774.jpg
2 AngelesCrest6k.jpg
3dyp IMG_2815.jpg
CrestCU14mm_DSC06145.jpg
6 IMG_2886.jpg

Last edited:
...continued

7 IMG_2848.jpg
9 IMG_2851.jpg
10 IMG_2863_2.jpg
12 IMG_2855.jpg
HV_wide IMG_2852.jpg

With that kind of mud even mud terrains will likely need to be "spin cycled" a few times as you go to clear them out. Looks like an awesome weekend!

View attachment 1879232
I’m a huge fan of my duratracs!

Yeah, I'm on my second set of them. State Rangers are running them as well. I'd love to go back out there on a set of 315 MTR's and see how they do, but there probably aren't too many reasonable tires that can handle that clay-like mud. You can't even walk on it without slipping that's how slick it is.

Bought it and drove it home. The wrench monkeys will attack it after it gets made legal.

20190113_120807.jpg

Finished my lift. Got new shoes as well. K02's were on backorder, went with Duratrac's. So far so good. I do need a DC shaft now. :\

That lift was a lot of work. Did ABS/LSPV delete, new brakes rotors, extended brake lines, idler pully fixes on both sets of belts, oil change, etc..

Thanks to IH8MUD for answering all my questions/snags I ran into simply by searching.
IMG_6921.jpg

Last edited:
You know there are some repairs that just need to be done and they just get checked off the list. Then there are others that bring an AWESOME SENSE OF SATISFACTION when you complete them as you had to step out of your comfort zone of skills and go into the depths of an area you hadn't been before.

For me, this was one of them :bounce:. EGR Readiness Achieved in less than a mile of driving after this addition!!!

I used much of the info in the thread below to build the relay harness to give the ECU the values it needs to achieve EGR readiness. Coupled with @LC4LIFE 's EGR test plug the great state of NJ:bang: will still allow me to use my truck on public roads. I have an intermittent PO401 code that I'm still troubleshooting and am up against an inspection deadline. This is the fix for now.

EGR Readiness Achieved with EGR Removed! If you do this, read the whole thread as pinouts change between years. Post # 40 was particularly helpful.

Purchased resistor assortment and vampire taps. Assembled harness as per thread. Many thanks to @AppleTech for the trial and error work he did many years ago to perfect this setup. Others contributed as well, but his posts were particularly helpful to me. Relay harness is in lower right.
View attachment 1878890

Removed all components blocking access to the ECU and unplugged harness from bottom of ECU. CAREFULLY tapped into the needed input wires as described in thread noted above. Lying on your back in 25 degree weather, with your head stuffed up under the dash, for a few hours is FUN. I'm getting too old for this ...:).
View attachment 1878892

Relay harness attached. I didn't even drive more than a mile before the EGR readiness monitor turned green on my scanner. Woo Hoo!!!
View attachment 1878895

Now that I know this method works, I will solder and shrink tube the relay harness into the ECU harness for future use. I can just tuck it up under the dash and if I ever need to achieve EGR readiness again (anytime battery is disconnected) then all I need to do is plug the relay into the harness and I'm good to go.

I might have to ask you for your help on this one. I did battle the P0401 error but after cleaning out the intake plenum it went away and now I get the P0402 error.

Got my rig smogged. Passed with flying colors (after dumping some denatured alcohol in the tank):D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom