What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Were you able to get the old window out and put the new one in alone? I have a set of these that I want to install, but I am concerned that I won't be able to do it alone.
just so you know the rear sliders go in and out easily. its not hard at all.

just so you know the rear sliders go in and out easily. its not hard at all.
Can one person do it? I am worried about getting it partially pushed in and then climbing inside to pull it the rest of the way in and having it fall out while I am moving from the outside to the inside.

Can one person do it? I am worried about getting it partially pushed in and then climbing inside to pull it the rest of the way in and having it fall out while I am moving from the outside to the inside.

Yes but 2 people do make it easier as does warm weather.

Yes but 2 people do make it easier as does warm weather.

Thanks! I did watch that video and I was planning on buying those pry bar things from HF. He just didn't go into the reinstall, which is the part i am worried about. If the old ones break, so be it, but I would rather not bust the new ones I just bought from @slow95z.

actually LCP left thevideo same one I used, I thought out of all the work Ive done by myself this was really easy and the window dont weigh much at all.

Thanks! I did watch that video and I was planning on buying those pry bar things from HF. He just didn't go into the reinstall, which is the part i am worried about. If the old ones break, so be it, but I would rather not bust the new ones I just bought from @slow95z.

I did the removal video. The install video is for our Gullwing Flip Out Windows. ;)

When you install the factory window do make sure the glass is closed to avoid bending the frame. There are a lot of unused rear windows available so I would not worry much if you damage one.

I did the removal video. The install video is for our Gullwing Flip Out Windows. ;)

When you install the factory window do make sure the glass is closed to avoid bending the frame. There are a lot of unused rear windows available so I would not worry much if you damage one.
Ah, that makes sense. I will take a look at your install video and give this a whirl soon. Thanks again!

What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno

Still baselining our recent acquisition.

99% of the cooling system. Radiator to fan clutch to sensor. Water pump to pesky heater hose.

The only things I left alone were the heater valve & rear heater hoses. The valve I forgot to purchase. Rear hoses I bought even though mine still looked great.

IMG_1718.JPG

Still baselining our recent acquisition.

99% of the cooling system. Radiator to fan clutch to sensor. Water pump to pesky heater hose.

The only things I left alone were the heater valve & rear heater hoses. The valve I forgot to purchase. Rear hoses I bought even though mine still looked great.

View attachment 1726651

Did you mod your fan clutch prior to installation?

You can do it without prybars if need be

To be honest I did not. Sister and brother in law work at a Toyota Dealership so when I pulled the rusty Borge Warner fan clutch the previous owner must have had installed I just used my sis's discount and went new.

Even a brand new fan clutch will benefit from a fluid change if you live in an area where it hits 100°.

Fired the ol girl up for the first time in a couple of months! Drove it all the way outside of the barn. I have my daughter's winter tires on it to move around. Supposed to have brand new 35" KM3's on my CE stock wheels tomorrow.

I decided that as much as I love white Cruisers, I hate the faux wrap more (mostly because it was a sh*tty job by me). Started the peel off and going with the original Desert Dune.
20180620_212941.jpg

Gotta lose the "supercharged" emblems too- since it isn't now

IH8MuthaFawkingMoonroofs

9F0E5BFF-4741-4132-81DE-A9A59C74162D.jpeg

C58D216D-5DF3-4979-9849-E84A3C33FA4C.jpeg
664F1BFA-775B-4D19-9493-97BF56C1F98F.jpeg
A11D7773-1006-4A2D-88C8-1EED9AF10147.jpeg
186A0CC3-89DC-4EC6-9D3F-34273C845339.jpeg
Sized up the 24gal LRA aux tank and swapped out the beat up tough dog for a king stabilizer. The toughdog was better for oversized tires. @wardharris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom