What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted a post on a Facebook group where someone spotted @LS1FJ40

full

Always wondered, seems like nobody else has this thing on their intake. Does this mean I have the super duper special California version with all the bits and bobs? Any way to get rid of all this extra junk? What does it do?

IMG_9849.JPG

Always wondered, seems like nobody else has this thing on their intake. Does this mean I have the super duper special California version with all the bits and bobs? Any way to get rid of all this extra junk? What does it do?

View attachment 1578739

I want to say that all '93 & '94 models came with the PAIR function. It has something to do with diluting the exhaust gasses on start up. Anyway I ripped mine out earlier this year. Pretty straightforward. I went the extra step and replaced the heater hose with the '95 model which is straight.

R u going to fab brackets or do these

Please post up the end result WRX should be serious
These? I'm guessing your referencing the Corbeau brackets and sliders? I thought about it but think I'll try to fab my own instead of chopping up $90 brackets.

These? I'm guessing your referencing the Corbeau brackets and sliders? I thought about it but think I'll try to fab my own instead of chopping up $90 brackets.
Im refering to your seats, Im fabbing brackets

View attachment 1578739

I think @NLXTACY has a keychain to help with this...

I deleted my PAIR system. I’m sure I’m going to hell for it...

How do you have two 80s and such a clean garage? Mine looks like Tijuana Pick & Pull...:hmm:

On a side note...let's see some more pics of that Slee rear.

Exact same thought I had...

Got rid of some old wheels... dude shows up at my house in this! :cool:
20171122_131339.jpg

Long weekend starts now. Dug out the poor old spare 1Fz-fe, getting ready for tear down. I sold my supercharger set up to my sister, so it will be going on her 80 this winter.

Sooooo...what now?

Mock up a Borg Warner EFR on a 6boost manifold? Haltech ecu?

......maybe

Heavy thinking while waiting for the new Bowfin Cruisers rock sliders to come out of the powder coat oven.
20171122_163848.jpg
20171122_164817.jpg

Here they are @Ocho77 ! Lexus grey to match your cladding.
20171122_175731.jpg

Long weekend starts now. Dug out the poor old spare 1Fz-fe, getting ready for tear down. I sold my supercharger set up to my sister, so it will be going on her 80 this winter.

Sooooo...what now?

......maybe

Heavy thinking while waiting for the new Bowfin Cruisers rock sliders to come out of the powder coat oven. View attachment 1579196 View attachment 1579197

View attachment 1579198

Can I see the driver’s forklift license please?

And how do you not have a Toyota forklift?!?!?! WTF Man?!?!

Can I see the driver’s forklift license please?

And how do you not have a Toyota forklift?!?!?! WTF Man?!?!
The Mitsi lifts are pretty good, but I must admit I wish I had a fleet of Toyotas!

Drove from Montana to Colorado on Monday. The cruiser and newish 4.6L did great. Saw many flopped over semi trucks and part of I25 was shut which made my journey longer but 9.5 hours from Bozeman to Loveland wasn't bad at all. Now to go grab a few beers with some guys from the local TLCA chapter.

Sooooo...what now?

......maybe

Heavy thinking while waiting for the new Bowfin Cruisers rock sliders to come out of the powder coat oven. View attachment 1579196 View attachment 1579197

View attachment 1579198

Sliders look great! Are you planning on retailing these in addition to the roof rack? Was going to order some WK's but I'd rather support a mud member.

Drove from Montana to Colorado on Monday. The cruiser and newish 4.6L did great. Saw many flopped over semi trucks and part of I25 was shut which made my journey longer but 9.5 hours from Bozeman to Loveland wasn't bad at all. Now to go grab a few beers with some guys from the local TLCA chapter.
I am glad you made it through there ok. When the signs in that area say "no high profile vehicles", they mean it! Sadly many guys do not heed the warning, or put making money before safety. That i80 and i25 get rough winds! It is freaky coming across there in my 18 wheeler and getting shoved over into the next lane. If you ever come across there with a travel trailer, RV or 5th wheel, check a weather app or www.wyoroad.info . Most of the time you just need to wait till the winds calm down in a few hours, or the next day.

I am glad you made it through there ok. When the signs in that area say "no high profile vehicles", they mean it! Sadly many guys do not heed the warning, or put making money before safety. That i80 and i25 get rough winds! It is freaky coming across there in my 18 wheeler and getting shoved over into the next lane. If you ever come across there with a travel trailer, RV or 5th wheel, check a weather app or www.wyoroad.info . Most of the time you just need to wait till the winds calm down in a few hours, or the next day.
Thanks! Yeah I was getting tossed around like a boat on the ocean in the 80. I can't imagine what it's like in a semi. I saw one semi actually have the rear wheels lift off the ground and he got super lucky because they came back down. He immediately pulled off. The total count from Cheyenne to Fort Collins was 17 flopped semi's. Winds were 70 plus and I25 was shut from Cheyenne to Wellington. I took the frontage road and then hopped back on and those poor dudes were flopped everywhere

Sooooo...what now?

......maybe

View attachment 1579198

Awesome. I’m ready to come get them...and give you my front bumper.

Look great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom