What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a blast with a bunch of buddies down in Bryce NP and Lake Powell. Lots of Tacomas & 4runners, all jealous of my LC :)

IMG_1830.jpg

thats a great pic... what shutter speed did you use? im learning to use my dslr

Shoveled snow!

Stupid 80 only wanted to go sideways on the off-camber.

8070.jpeg

Beautiful day though! Me & @SIZZLE

8069.jpeg

P1210599.JPG

Curiosity sake, did you lock your rear with the CDL engaged?

Curiosity sake, did you lock your rear with the CDL engaged?
I was UNlocked when I slid off the trail. Locking the center & rear was no help in getting me un-stuck. The snow was pretty much frozen solid and mostly wet rock underneath.

Had the MAF cleaned and checked at the mechanic's, inasmuch as I ran into the limits of my own mechanical ability rather quickly last weekend, and took it for a wash this AM. A-pillar leak after it came thru car wash tunnel tells me I have more to do with the sunroof drains. Also completed install of TLCA sticker on right-rear portion of bumper, and my head gasket remains intact. Gratuitous beauty shot against unsettled Sierra skies taken just now, and aooking forward to driving this damn thing over the holiday weekend, may even try to get it dirty. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

Didn’t do much but work. I did however notice water in my bumper and this odd orange growth inside the bumper. So had my brother scrape it a off then scrub it all down, cover the truck and sanded to prep for paint. Three coats of John Deere Blitz black later and it’s looking really good!!

View attachment 1577587 View attachment 1577588 View attachment 1577589 View attachment 1577590 View attachment 1577591
Okay, I give up... what are the little black "bumps" on the front of the hood???

Cold weather temperature sensors
Wait, don't you like live in Southern California? They send off an alert when it gets below 70 ???

Cold weather temperature sensors
Its a sweet set up I still like my LCP aussie anderson connector tho. to the left of the plate
DSCN3514.JPG

Finished up my Trail Tailor aka Jason Reeves aka @reevesci dual swing out rear bumper.

Here’s my review. Sucks to be all of you that can no longer get them! It is perfect. Took my son and I a couple of hours to install it after taking the old off yesterday. All the pieces were there. The strap for the triple jerry can holder is freaking incredible. Like it’s almost too nice to leave outside! Everything went together like butter.

Now I just need him to start building front bumpers for 80s again so I can have all of my armor from one source.

View attachment 1573063 View attachment 1573055 View attachment 1573056

I noticed you painted your roof? My clear float looks like complete crap. Can you provide and details pics for what you did. It looks great from what I can see.

I noticed you painted your roof? My clear float looks like complete crap. Can you provide and details pics for what you did. It looks great from what I can see.

Distance is a girl's best friend...

It looks "less sh!tty" than the peeled clear coat. I filled the holes where the roof rack was with steelweld. Most of them held up. A few didn't so I plugged them and RTV'd the sh!t out of them. I sanded the roof and spray painted it with rustoleum flat black. It was cheap and did the trick. But it doesn't look professional by any means. Next spring it will get Monstalined. Or maybe the following spring. Or maybe never...

This would be a whole lot easier if I had just tack welded the nut onto the hub flange stud. The nut was just spinning in the stud without coming off. But a quick drilling and an easy out is almost as easy.

7BCDCF6E-F85A-4EBE-9AA5-CA0FADC5E4C8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom