What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took every single bolt out and thread chased them and used anti-sieze....ok...not every bolt but drilled and tapped about 6 broken bolt. The metal they use on these rigs is pretty much the worst.

I don't see the big deal...

BlackBearJeep.jpg

Let's try and keep it Toyota tech, lol.

19148886_10155370951403454_3022852844826721602_n.jpg

Some SERIOUS pucker factor there! And to think that I got nervous navigating some ruts in Sequoia earlier this year...

This is has got to be one of the worst photoshop ever.

Been doing BBP for over 25 years and yes back in the day it had a pretty good pucker factor. Today its like a freeway with many first timers in rental jeeps.:meh:

This is has got to be one of the worst photoshop ever.

Been doing BBP for over 25 years and yes back in the day it had a pretty good pucker factor. Today its like a freeway with many first timers in rental jeeps.:meh:
It is from an old Warn Winch ad back in the 70's, it came up on my google image search and seemed outrageous, so perfectly appropriate here. :) Here is the page with more info on BBP.

Black Bear Road

It is from an old Warn Winch ad back in the 70's, it came up on my google image search and seemed outrageous, so perfectly appropriate here. :) Here is the page with more info on BBP.

Black Bear Road

BBP does not have the excitement it once did for me. Last year while I was in Telluride I was lucky one and did Lewis Mine mine road with the excitement of BBP was 25 years ago now noted as Telluride best hiking trail. Sierra club can suck my Land Cruiser! Almost impossible for anyone to ever get a chance to get a vehicle on it aside from needing access to Bridle Falls the trail is narrow steep with serious switchbacks and if it rains or snows you wont make it down alive. If you are in the area hike it and you will understand my excitement.

9-2016 236.JPG
9-2016 301.JPG

Got it from Napa. It was an Aisin in the box. $85 I think.
yes remember to bench bleed it and then post up that how to info for the guys that are going WTF is a bench bleed please.

Dang I've been busy.

Saturday was the Rising Sun swap in Golden. Met some great people, saw some Cruisers and other Toyotas that blew my mind, sold my fender flares, and picked up a @AdventureToolCompany padded tool pouch to go along with my shop roll (that they were stoked to see).

DSC_0850.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0853.jpg

On the way home I had to U-turn to make sure this guy was ok. He was on his way to the Rally when his 55 overheated. He thanked me for stopping but I could tell he wasn't in the best mood (nor would I be).

IMG_8100.JPG

And in a mind-blowing twist of fate.... this thing followed me home yesterday. Blame the wife, she found it. Got it for a song, DOES NOT run. Owner parked it 2 years ago and hasn't moved it since.... again to say that I got it cheap would be putting it mildly. Not a freakin clue what the vision is for this thing???? Get it running and sell it? Keep it for a cruising rig? No idea but the wife loves it.

It's an 89, with 150k, automatic, with the 3vze dreaded V6. Looks like I'll have to venture into the unknown and explore the "other" side of MUD for info.

IMG_8098.JPG

Dang I've been busy.

Saturday was the Rising Sun swap in Golden. Met some great people, saw some Cruisers and other Toyotas that blew my mind, sold my fender flares, and picked up a @AdventureToolCompany padded tool pouch to go along with my shop roll (that they were stoked to see).

View attachment 1522540

View attachment 1522541

View attachment 1522542

On the way home I had to U-turn to make sure this guy was ok. He was on his way to the Rally when his 55 overheated. He thanked me for stopping but I could tell he wasn't in the best mood (nor would I be).

View attachment 1522545

And in a mind-blowing twist of fate.... this thing followed me home yesterday. Blame the wife, she found it. Got it for a song, DOES NOT run. Owner parked it 2 years ago and hasn't moved it since.... again to say that I got it cheap would be putting it mildly. Not a freakin clue what the vision is for this thing???? Get it running and sell it? Keep it for a cruising rig? No idea but the wife loves it.

It's an 89, with 150k, automatic, with the 3vze dreaded V6. Looks like I'll have to venture into the unknown and explore the "other" side of MUD for info.

View attachment 1522544

Funny. I was coming the other way when I also stopped and he was definitely not in a good mood at all.

I saw you going the other way by the way and waved. I was in my 70.

:)

Got there too late. Only about 5 trucks when I got there. Whole event was pretty much over. It would be good if RS stated that "every one is pretty much gone by 130pm" :rolleyes:

Funny. I was coming the other way when I also stopped and he was definitely not in a good mood at all.

I saw you going the other way by the way and waved. I was in my 70.

:)

Got there too late. Only about 5 trucks when I got there. Whole event was pretty much over. It would be good if RS stated that "every one is pretty much gone by 130pm" :rolleyes:

Agreed. Wife and I brought the cooler, lawn chairs, dog, little dude, the works. And then people started leaving.... ????

I saw you a fraction too late but my wife said she waved.

Looks like I'll have to swing up through Ned to catch you at the shop.

Agreed. Wife and I brought the cooler, lawn chairs, dog, little dude, the works. And then people started leaving.... ????

I saw you a fraction too late but my wife said she waved.

Looks like I'll have to swing up through Ned to catch you at the shop.

Shop is in Boulder. On 6367 Arapahoe. ;)

Drove to Palm Beach Gardens to work for a few days. The receptionist was great, she walked through the parking lot after parking next to me. When I got inside to sign in she was so proud. She told me how much she loved the look of my jeep and how she has always wanted one just like mine. She said she loves the classic look of the jeeps like this. She especially loved my snorkel. Her words were “I love the way that it just sticks up like that”.

I still haven’t decided whether I should correct her but I told her that they were truly fun to drive. I could be wrong but if she were to buy one of the jeeps like mine it would likely be a mall cruiser. It would probably be painted jeep pink. Just curious, I wonder if anyone has ruined a Land Cruiser by painting it pink.

Drove to Palm Beach Gardens to work for a few days. The receptionist was great, she walked through the parking lot after parking next to me. When I got inside to sign in she was so proud. She told me how much she loved the look of my jeep and how she has always wanted one just like mine. She said she loves the classic look of the jeeps like this. She especially loved my snorkel. Her words were “I love the way that it just sticks up like that”.

I still haven’t decided whether I should correct her but I told her that they were truly fun to drive. I could be wrong but if she were to buy one of the jeeps like mine it would likely be a mall cruiser. It would probably be painted jeep pink. Just curious, I wonder if anyone has ruined a Land Cruiser by painting it pink.
FAIL- she wanted something else from you that sticks up like that...........

Dang I've been busy.

View attachment 1522540

View attachment 1522541

View attachment 1522542

View attachment 1522545

View attachment 1522544

Nice turn out with a good mix of Land Cruisers

Mint green 55 guy was probably annoyed at the long string of people stopping to ask if he needed help.

Hey Onur, your shop is about a mile from my office :hillbilly: If you're back to parts slinging, my credit card is on fire :eek:

Last week I removed my rear heater and heater lines. Removing the hard rear heater lines was the hardest job I have ever had with a Land Cruiser but it done.

Anything wrong with leaving the stuff in place and just plugging the line going to them? That's what I did on my 62, cuz they were very rusty and starting to weep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom