What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (81 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Adopted a younger brother for the wife.

image-1954778555.jpg

Greased my knuckles. Long overdue. Will be re-installing the front driveshaft tomorrow and taking if for a spin off road. The rear U Joint on the front driveshaft was so stuck it had to be cut out with a torch. Anyone else ever seen one that stuck?

Welp I haven't actually done it yet but I will be spending most of the night and probably the next several days trying to bring the paint on my newly purchased 97 back to life. The hood is pretty badly oxidized and basically flat in appearance, as is the roof, but the sides aren't so bad. Just a LOT of swirls and scratches. I've got some Meguiars ultra cut compound for the bad stuff, and Menzerna intensive polish, final finish, and PO85RD to bring the fresh paint to a NICE shine. All worked in with a Porter Cable dual action polisher. I'll be waxing the finished paint with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran paint sealant.

Greased my knuckles. Long overdue. Will be re-installing the front driveshaft tomorrow and taking if for a spin off road. The rear U Joint on the front driveshaft was so stuck it had to be cut out with a torch. Anyone else ever seen one that stuck?

My front DS ujoint on the diff side was pretty bad. Just had to cut it out a week ago... was tons of fun! :beer::beer:

Dang Roger, that thing is looking clean! Great picture!

Thanks Derrick
From 20 feet away it looks great
To bad almost all of the paint and such has been ground off of the protection from last years trips to the trails
Need to do some re-painting
It stays clean when you dont have time to use it right now
It does a great job as the kid transport, I refuse to cart my kids around in my little old Corolla.
Plus I love the weird looks I get when driving around yuppie town, people are like WTF!

Plus I love the weird looks I get when driving around yuppie town, people are like WTF!

Yeah, you and me both. I get the same thing when I drive "Godzilla" around.

Roof rack removal project on the new addition. Then to the body shop on Monday. Roy keeping the "new" LX company....

roof rack.jpg

roy and LX.jpg

Took a short drive up to Crum's Custom Welding to get my sliders put on. Dave is a great guy to deal with and he installed them too! Give business to a cruiser head I say. Thanks again Dave!

image-3509369806.jpg

image-2935358941.jpg

image-2969493123.jpg

I got the old girl muddy and in return my alternator is playing up so i am going to have a play with it and clean it up just to see if the mud is whats causing the problem.

Installed my CDL switch, relabeled it and my aux lights switches, disabled my auto locks, switched climate control to manual.

Got 4,88 gears, install kits and all the birf job bits from Cruiser Outfitters for xmas. Im going to try a Richmond Powertrax No-Slip Traction System for the rear which I ordered today. Just like a Lock-Right except its suposed be smoother on the blacktop. Time for the install.

Discovered the start of birf soup on the driver's side :doh:

Was really hoping for the summer to do the front axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom