What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay, and I wish I had one. But the utility of the 60 is something to behold. But it isn't a Kabota. But it isn't a Prius either. My 60 has come to the rescue for vehicles half it age more times than I have fingers for.
Quite a few years ago I decided to take the '84 FJ60 on an infrequently traveled back road NW of Las Vegas to get back home. It was wintertime and near dark when we came across a Jeep that had gotten stuck - they had dropped the passenger side front wheel into a culvert ditch. Two teenage boys were in the vehicle, neither of them had warm clothes, and the temperature was rapidly dropping to near freezing. I don't think more than a few dozen vehicles travel through there in an entire year. Luckily I had my tow strap and we were able to pull them out. We followed them for quite a few miles to the Mt. Charleston highway to make sure they'd get home OK.

On another trip in the FJ60, we were driving through Yellowstone NP after dark, and ran across a vehicle that had done the same exact thing - they pulled off the shoulder at a culvert and dropped the front passenger side wheel into the ditch. Out came the same tow strap and they were soon on their way.

looks like a DAY 1 NEW car on the LOT Dash A+ !

where is my new switch ? 🤔
Hi @ToyotaMatt

Just waiting for the paint to dry on the steering wheel clamshell, but the new dash and instrument cluster are installed. I'll start with a pic of your fog light switch:

switches_ih8mud.png

Last edited:
Finally...added the glove box decals I made. I have these decals for sale ($20 pair) if anyone is interested. The lettering is crisp on the decals...just focused on the grab bar, sorry.

View attachment 2851385

View attachment 2851400

View attachment 2851401

This is one of the most detailed , and well documented and well period correct Factory focus point mind set approach dash restores / refreshes in a 62 I have ever seen before ….

Most excellent !

And good show too

I’m subscribe and honored to be a very very small part of your bigger then PLANT A-11. Vision of what’s both right and done right ….

If u have a build thread please PM me and I’ll place it on my watch list

This is the BaR I live for and the kind I like see other folks chart out into new territory and forge new ground on what was what was not but now can indeed be …..

I decided to tackle the center console last night and today. It seems like each time I restore one part of the truck the parts that aren't done stick out. The same thing happened when I put in sound deadening and discovered new rattles I'd never heard before. Turns out that one of those rattles came from the center console cup holder which had a crack on the inside. I patched that and a broken front screw tab and now I'm waiting to figure out how to get my rear heater blower to work before it goes back into the truck. The pics show before and after and how I used packing tape and a paint stick plus 1/4" dowel to make a mold for the Plastex. It dries quickly and I finished painting a couple of hours later.

IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

I decided to tackle the center console last night and today. It seems like each time I restore one part of the truck the parts that aren't done stick out. The same thing happened when I put in sound deadening and discovered new rattles I'd never heard before. Turns out that one of those rattles came from the center console cup holder which had a crack on the inside. I patched that and a broken front screw tab and now I'm waiting to figure out how to get my rear heater blower to work before it goes back into the truck. The pics show before and after and how I used packing tape and a paint stick plus 1/4" dowel to make a mold for the Plastex. It dries quickly and I finished painting a couple of hours later.

View attachment 2852521

View attachment 2852522

View attachment 2852523

View attachment 2852524

View attachment 2852525
Nice work! It’s a slippery slope for sure!! :D

This reminds me of a Bible verse...Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors H55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom