What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I let my newly licensed son finally drive the 60 series:

View attachment 2157377View attachment 2157378View attachment 2157379

He has been bugging me for months to drive it and today he got his chance. Kid did great! Anytime I take the truck anywhere someone else has to drive it (inspections, etc.), its 3 minutes of teaching them how to start, the shift pattern, etc. This kid hopped right in and went to town. No issues and really no direction from me. Nice to have a kid who has a stick-shift as a daily driver. Not many of those around these days.
That grin says it all. Both my sons love the 60, my younger just a bought a first gen runner.

Haven't done a lot with my 60 lately because I've been far too busy packing and shipping these nifty stocking stuffer sized FJ60 4WD keychains that come in a gift box or with a beer koozie for self gifting.....

And yes - they are in stock - they ship today - and they will arrive before Xmas if you order them before the 18th with regular shipping and 20th with priority mail.

Now back to your regularly scheduled FJ60 Land Cruiser Weekend shenanigans...

DSC_0322.JPG
DSC_0367.JPG

Haven't done a lot with my 60 lately because I've been far too busy packing and shipping these nifty stocking stuffer sized FJ60 4WD keychains that come in a gift box or with a beer koozie for self gifting.....

And yes - they are in stock - they ship today - and they will arrive before Xmas if you order them before the 18th with regular shipping and 20th with priority mail.

Now back to your regularly scheduled FJ60 Land Cruiser Weekend shenanigans...

View attachment 2158031View attachment 2158039
Those are freaking rad! Link sent to my wife. haha

Wad'tcha do in the sloped gutter beside windshield? Doesn't it run out?

I made a little tape gutter to catch it. Worked well and I trimmed it off with a razor blade once it hardened.

The 08307 doesn't run down the gutter very well though.... Could be my garage was a little cool-ish (~50*F)

I ran a bead down it and pushed it in with a Popsicle stick. I had the edges taped off. It worked OK.

Thanks. I bought some of that 3M self leveling seam sealer. I got a shock at the till! Not cheap! But my time isn't worth dicking around anymore, just gotta get it done. But the applicator I still need to buy is more expensive than the sealant!

@MarkBC It isn't cheap, my local body shop had it for $43 US per tube.

If you were closer you could borrow my application gun. It retails for $120, I found it on Amazon for $65 shipped.

But you nailed it, your time and a good job is worth more than screwing around with cheap stuff. I let the local Cruiser club know I had the applicator and that I would rent it as needed for a 6-pack of good beer!

Installed my JW Speaker LED headlights tonight. I'm already running a Wayne Tangen harness from when I put in Hella H4/H1 lights many years ago, so install was almost plug n' play for me. I had to relocate the terminals in the adapter harnesses that came with the lights to match the H4 standard (both the high beams and low beams use the H4 pinout and connectors). Only caveat to using a legit H4 wiring system is that with the JW Speaker assemblies the outboards (low beams) shut off when you turn on the high beams. I'll be removing my Tangen harness and making up an adapter harness that'll allow me to use my factory wiring and connectors along with keeping the low beams on when I flip on the high beams. It'll also eliminate the fuses and relays of the Tangen harness that I built. Less possible failure points. That's on the "whenever I get to it" list right now though. Got a lot of other stuff to do before then. I gotta say the light output is phenomenal with these. So much cleaner and way less power draw than the halogens I had used before. Expensive, but so worth the investment. I tried to get some before and after pics against my garage door, but the photos really don't do it justice at all.

Now that the Christmas rush is about to end I need to get back into my 60 and work on the idle and parasitic drain issues.

However, there is still time to get some of these to your door for stockings if you order today or after today with express shipping.

Comes in a gift box or Beer koozie as shown.
B68F666A-D5BE-416B-B848-5671FB79ED75.jpeg

07E0EE73-F19A-4CC6-95BA-5096ED0FC672.jpeg

189FC054-980B-49DA-A709-2307ED6C3D92.jpeg

Reefmonkey.com

How does your scangauge work without an ECU?

Edit: oh I see you have an ls swap

Took my rack off, painted it and put a new floor on it. It used to have wood slats, but I went with the chicken coup flooring I learned about on this forum. I also had a friend fab up a skid plate to protect the sensitive bits. Now I need to get it out and do some wheelin'!
BR Rack.jpg
BR Skid plate.jpg

Starting Friday night after Gold Rush & Parker were gone home ,

I began a unknown :

in less the 48 Hours , approx 42 , I turned this
TRASH ....

DSCN1308.JPG
DSCN1309.JPG
DSCN1310.JPG

Into My Version of Oak Island Treasure .........

DSCN1505.JPG
DSCN1508.JPG
DSCN1510.JPG
DSCN1511.JPG
DSCN1513.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom