What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Play in the snow some more.
CC2CE1E4-0879-4361-B411-705D98E2AB2B.jpeg

Replaced the thermostat (no broken bolts!), refreshed my wiper linkage bushings, and currently in the middle of replacing my water pump.

I had a small leak that began to get bigger, at first I thought it was from the water pump weep hole. Turns out the previous owner broke the head off of the lowest water pump bolt and the RTV sealant finally gave way to a large leak. Have to wait for my local hardware store to open in the AM to get a new bolt.
EAE03D9E-75B6-4D92-A015-DE4BFAB26F65.jpeg

very interested to hear how that helps. I am fairly stock and have a much better driver after refreshing the suspension, new tie rods, new tires, new front sway bar links and refreshing my front seat cushions :) but I am always looking for a little upgrade to make it better. Still have some sway.

@John Staton

I did get to drive it to the exhaust shop this week. No more rear sway! Before there was oversteer, the rear end would dip and I felt like it wanted to pass me when I would turn. I drove at highway speeds, and turned the wheel left and right on a county road, and that sensation was gone. Just tracked nicely.

I have 2” OME lift, 33” BFG on 16 inch 70 series wheels. (Avatar is 31” Goodyear’s on 15” 40 series wheels)

Last edited:
Pulled her into the barn to start the process of pulling the engine. At a minimum, there’s a massive head gasket leak.

No clue what route I’m going to take from here...

E358F9AB-8BD1-42F5-8A50-45A365A93334.jpeg

@John Staton

I did get to drive it to the exhaust shop this week. No more rear sway! Before there was oversteer, the rear end would dip and I felt like it wanted to pass me when I would turn. I drove at highway speeds, and turned the wheel left and right on a county road, and that sensation was gone. Just tracked nicely.

I have 2” OME lift, 33” BFG on 16 inch 70 series wheels. (Avatar is 31” Goodyear’s on 15” 40 series wheels)
Is it a kit you bought and where did you get it? I have a sway bar on my front and I replaced the links and that helped, but nothing on my rear.

I picked it up from a member on mud. It’s from an FJ62. I got extended links because of the lift, OEM links were too short. You need everything from the frame brackets to the axle brackets. And the bar.

3FE began running very poorly two weeks ago. Today I finally took a close look and found the source of a massive vacuum leak. Could have slapped on the spare intake tube but decided to dive in and swap out the injectors for ones that have been serviced plus do a desmog. I'm down to having stripped off the upper intake. Throttle body and cold start injector have been cleaned.

IMG_3891.JPG
IMG_3892.JPG

Took my rig on its longest excursion since the EFI/Header conversion. Couple hundred Miles thru Pikes + Isabella National parks to grab an old IceBox im gonna store cigars in 😁 The Rig performed admirably im happy to say!!! Great Day!! Happy Holidays to all!!!

Screenshot_20191224-132417.png
20191224_163959.jpg
20191224_163811.jpg
20191224_194404.jpg
Screenshot_20191224-132157.png

I like old icebox’s. This one is original unrestored. Acquired it 25+ yrs ago. Nice find and nice road trip!

F9C99D15-9926-48D3-BB57-5D09A30EBB39.jpeg

I like old icebox’s. This one is original unrestored. Acquired it 25+ yrs ago. Nice find and nice road trip!

View attachment 2165334
Woaoaooaao...thats fantastic. The 1 i just grabbed is an unrestored (far as i know) old Wisconsin Peerless. No idea why...have always found em cool AF!!! Lovvve thebsize of yours...but would never fit ANYWHERE in my cabin ...LOL!! Not sure if itll be airtight enuff to store cigars....but, its gnna be a great pedestal for 1 of these old Neons i just grabbed regardless!! 😁
Screenshot_20191224-053132.png
Screenshot_20191224-053120.png

My late 87 build 60 has a 62 rear axle housing in it.

So the brackets we’re already there.

Mine did also. Just needed the brackets/clamps ant bushings to hold the bar to the axle, frame brackets, links and bushings

Fitted new pinion bearings into my roaring rear diff and adjusted the backlash to spec. Had to sand off 0.1 mm from one shim and add 0.1mm shim stock to the other side. New shims would have been weeks away (Japan)
The sanding was faster than expected - but you want to check the thickness all the time to get it 100% even - used a old outer bearing race with thin double sided tape to hold the shim.

L1410578.JPG

L1410587.JPG

L1410591.JPG
L1410593.JPG

L1410601.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom