What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see your in WA, It’d be awesome to meet up or have a PNW campout. I love my Cummins 4BT, would love to drive that R2.8
That would be great. I'd be interested in comparing the two... too.

Won't be until spring at the earliest, though. Still lots to do on it. Although I'm in love with it just the way it sits right now. It's a totally bone stock appearance. Except for ride height and black steelies that is.

I'm very tempted to leave it this way, but I've already got bumpers/sliders/rack on the way. :confused:

Added FJ70 Mirrors, new Interstate battery and 4Runner wipers arms and blades.

Diagnosed the fact that my car sounded like a straight piped V8 hotrod.

Missing gasket, 2 missing bolts and a huge gap in the exhaust right before the PS catalytic converter. Fixed now and hopefully that brings some of the power back into this thing that has been lacking as well as the ridiculous backfiring on deceleration

20191112_152242(0).jpg

This just popped up on CL. No connection just wondering if it looked familiar to anyone. My fave two-tone color combo.

New Fuel Pressure Regulator for the fuel injection system. Replaced the old junk FPR that leaked after a year with a hyperfuel mini FPR. If that one leaks too Ill be getting spendy with a holley or other more expensive setup.

20191113_144427.jpg

This just popped up on CL. No connection just wondering if it looked familiar to anyone. My fave two-tone color combo.
That seems like a decent deal from the pictures

Installed LS400 grey visors to replace the saggy/baggy 60 visors. Thanks @JLH911! Kind of needed to replace them anyway. I had a rearview camera mirror installed and the stock visor on the DS didn't clear the larger size mirror.

Direct bolt up on the pivot mount. 60 retainer clips would work if you removed the plastic barrel on the LS visors but luckily I got clips with the visors. The screw/bayonet pin on the LS clips don't line up, and the expanding screw bushing? isn't needed, so I just cut them off flush and screwed them in. They can twist a bit but they're fine. Extending and opening to shield the DS door doesn't work so well. The angle of the rod puts them up into the headliner. Very happy even with the grey which is a close match to my interior. I suppose an Ivory would match the headliner better.

Visor (Large).jpg

Installed LS400 grey visors to replace the saggy/baggy 60 visors. Thanks @JLH911! Kind of needed to replace them anyway. I had a rearview camera mirror installed and the stock visor on the DS didn't clear the larger size mirror.

Direct bolt up on the pivot mount. 60 retainer clips would work if you removed the plastic barrel on the LS visors but luckily I got clips with the visors. The screw/bayonet pin on the LS clips don't line up, and the expanding screw bushing? isn't needed, so I just cut them off flush and screwed them in. They can twist a bit but they're fine. Extending and opening to shield the DS door doesn't work so well. The angle of the rod puts them up into the headliner. Very happy even with the grey which is a close match to my interior. I suppose an Ivory would match the headliner better.

View attachment 2134770
Awesome! glad to see they worked out.

View attachment 2134770

Search on here for a fix on the issue of them not going to the side. Someone came up with a fix for the 80's, and I'm hopeful it'll work on 60's.

Had an awesome weekend!!! Most was spent driving the 60 along the beach as the weather was perfect!! Came across a badly bogged 100 series and a new Hilux (father and son - both bogged), and snatched them out (multiple snatch attempts were needed!). It took over an hour, and the sand was too hot to stand on in bare feet, but it was great fun!
I also dived for crays off the beach and found plenty!
Spent the past hour giving it a good wash down with fresh water....

F3B00DB0-49AC-4F48-95B8-B43ABF63928A.jpeg
2D057D44-1AC3-42FB-8189-E224423B1DBD.jpeg

knuckles and seals . . . . not difficult, but every bit as much of a PIA as everybody said it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom