What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A 3 core champion radiator and a can of high temp SG black bbq paint really spruced up my truck.

D1D8E95B-197A-42DA-8224-D21463060135.jpeg

4DB4FD6C-6A33-484B-A33D-AADDAA356EBF.jpeg

New Redarc duel battery system in the rear, Waeco 65L fridge and MSA drop down fridge slide.

View attachment 2138175
View attachment 2138176
View attachment 2138177
View attachment 2138179
That's a pretty slick set up you got there going on with the dual battery set up.....
I think if I was to do it all over again..I would put the battery inside the rig and not in the engine bay.....
Is that Victron monitor part of the Redarc set up, or did you purchase it separately ?
Very cool !!

That's a pretty slick set up you got there going on with the dual battery set up.....
I think if I was to do it all over again..I would put the battery inside the rig and not in the engine bay.....
Is that Victron monitor part of the Redarc set up, or did you purchase it separately ?
Very cool !!

Yeah I've had duel battery systems in the engine bay in previous cars and though id change it up this time. I'm pretty happy with the whole thing. Saved me moving my aftermarket aircon unit thats sitting where the second battery should go.

The Victron monitor was seperate but it pretty much gives me any info on the battery I need. It's even got a bluetooth app for the iPhone. It was only like $250.00 AUD.

I can't claim to have done the work my self, but had a local shop cut out my sadly abused rockers and replace them with 2"x4" 3/8" wall tubular. Not rock sliders by any means, but should take the relatively minor stuff that had completely destroyed my rockers. You can still see some of the residual damage on the drivers door. I don't usually get too crazy with it, but that was the result of a rocky creek bed and poor spotter who said I was good. He owed me lots of beer for that...

Slider 1.jpg Slider 2.jpg

Had an awesome weekend!!! Most was spent driving the 60 along the beach as the weather was perfect!! Came across a badly bogged 100 series and a new Hilux (father and son - both bogged), and snatched them out (multiple snatch attempts were needed!). It took over an hour, and the sand was too hot to stand on in bare feet, but it was great fun!
I also dived for crays off the beach and found plenty!
Spent the past hour giving it a good wash down with fresh water....

View attachment 2135248View attachment 2135249
What beach is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom