What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a trailer brake controller, wired it up, and drove 3 hours to pick up a new to us hybrid travel trailer. The old 2F pulled the trailer home steadily at around 60mph until we saw an incline, them, slower going. But good temps and no hiccups all the way home. Trailer weighs about 3100lbs as is.

20190324_142814.jpg

Love those old Kaymars, where’d you snag that?
Like the vintage registration stickers too.

Got really lucky and found it before it was listed on a “won’t ship this” deal.

The moon and the stars lined up just right.

For my money those Kaymar rear bumpers are the absolute best looking bumpers on a 60 series. Great addition. Awesome setup Alex. Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?

Edit: Seems like I saw somewhere recently where someone began importing these to the US again. Maybe cruiser outfitters? Anyone know?

Thanks, it’s a part of the truck now....you really feel that 200 lbs minimum on the back of the truck and the install wasn’t bad at all.

Cruiser brothers/valley hybrids can get you one. @orangefj45

Thanks, it’s a part of the truck now....you really feel that 200 lbs minimum on the back of the truck and the install wasn’t bad at all.

Cruiser brothers/valley hybrids can get you one. @orangefj45
For my money those Kaymar rear bumpers are the absolute best looking bumpers on a 60 series. Great addition. Awesome setup Alex. Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?

Edit: Seems like I saw somewhere recently where someone began importing these to the US again. Maybe cruiser outfitters? Anyone know?

I love mine. Got it new last year. I live in PNW so I had kaymar ship it to AUStoUSA and picked it up locally. Would have been nice to get one through a distributor. My build thread has unboxing, install and tail light wiring.

Got mine from Cruiser Brothers in CA about 3mo ago. They’re the new importer.

I also re-wired the radio, and took out several yards of sketchy wiring from some previous owner, which *miraculously* fixed a short circuit (kept blowing the fuse for the dome light and door chime).

The bad news: the door chime works now. :rofl:

Glad I have that to look forward to.... Any advice now that their done? I'm thinking start with penetrating oil now. Planning April/May time frame.
Fire. Lots of fire. Beer for afterwards. Maybe whiskey...

The bolts weren’t so much the problem as the pin being glued to the rubber bushings. They were original. For the bolt, worst case is just cut it off.

For the bushings, drilling it out as much as possible, heat, pry bar on the cam shaped side. One person to pull and one to heat works well.

Getting the load on the spring balanced is crucial too. Jack stands on the frame on both sides then a jack under the axle to unload it. It’s probably a bit easier if you’re doing shackles at the same time and they’re disconnected. I had already done those so we didn’t and it wasn’t a huge deal. A prybar to bend the spring out of the mount to slip in the new bushings. One side we used a bottle jack between the frame and spring for a bit more leverage.
For what it’s worth, it doesn’t really matter if the shackles are connected. It’s still a royal PITA. I tried everything. It’s just that rusty rubber... oh I need a drink now!

Rescued a CRV. One of my kids pulled off the road to turn around and the front wheel drive Honda didn't handle soft sand well :lol:

View attachment 1935923
Is this the one? Going thru old links and I like to see the results of my encouragement/ corruption of other peoples children.lol
Screenshot_20190325-223839_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190325-223909_Chrome.jpg

I was going to take the truck and the dog and go fishing/camping - but i've been having the dreaded starter click click click issue lately. Generally misses on the first attempt but would kick in and start fine on the 2nd try. Now lately it's getting worse and finally took enough tries that I thought it wasn't going to start.

so - i bought the starter rebuild kit and am doing the rebuild job.

definitely pretty worn...waiting for parts to arrive means I have to drive the subaru. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom