What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah the third picture is on top of a mountain in Caprenteria. Took this private road called foothill. It was a very nice view.
Second pic was in front of the high school in Ojai.

Next time you go north, get the code for Nordhoff Ridge Rd, its a fun little trail with killer views. Also West Camino Cielo in SB is great, no code needed, open all year round.

Next time you go north, get the code for Nordhoff Ridge Rd, its a fun little trail with killer views. Also West Camino Cielo in SB is great, no code needed, open all year round.
Yeah my friend who I went with on this trail actually mentioned mentioned that rode.
He said he is going to try and get the code for it.

Yeah my friend who I went with on this trail actually mentioned mentioned that rode.
He said he is going to try and get the code for it.

You're supposed to call and get the code and sign a slip, but I realized you can just run to the ojai ranger station and open the box and read off the code from someone elses paperwork. So far the ranger website says nordhoff is closed, but I'd call. Might be heading there tonight to camp anyway so I will let you know.

A whole laundry list going on for the next few weekends while parts come in. Changing out the dead bulb in my A/C button, replaced my fuel gauge with a known good one from @orangefj45, new muffler and tailpipe welded on last week, changing out the radiator, finally installing my B&M transmission cooler (completely replacing my transmission cooling lines in the process), swapping out my old Wolo Bad Boy horns for some (should be louder) disc style and rewiring them, and changing out my ATF and tcase/diff oil with Schaeffer's stuff.

Cleaning up a spare intake manifold and exhaust shields for a upcoming injector swap. Sent a spare set of injectors off to WitchHunter Performance here in WA. Planning on painting the shields with a flat silver exhaust paint. Intake was lightly sanded and polished with a 3M marine metal protector.
46759823044_85a6964099_z.jpg

I've been replacing all of the warn leaf spring bushings. The rear reserseable shackles gave me fits but I completed that task. I have the front of the rear springs and one bushing on the front of the front leaf springs.

Trail I wanted to do was closed less than 2 miles from the lake. Wanted to get some photos of the truck before I got her all dirty. Wasn't expecting snow still, oh well. Truck got muddy and this was the best of the group so far. Will go out again soon.

33588468478_bc7539b283_b.jpg
Very nice truck.

Mine sat most of the winter. Just put new tires on; Falken Wildpeak AT3s, 235/85R16. Getting ready for another irrigation season as "Ditch Rider". This irrigation system has been around since 1853. The early Ditch Riders were on horseback, hence the title. My old 60 is the official Ditch Rider vehicle covering a few thousand acres and miles of ditch roads some of which aren't in real good shape.

Last edited:
Cruised up to a small town called Summerhaven at the top of Mt. Lemmon. It’s at approx 8,000ft. Stopped at the general store for a snack, then turned around because it was freezing and I was in shorts. It’s awesome to run up a local mountain and see snow, then come back down to nearly 80 degree temps, all in 2hrs.

2F4D78B2-FC51-4B74-B68B-0F6BBDBA1DF2.jpeg

C7B2EF12-DFC4-449F-818C-E106940870FF.jpeg

CE93A546-09E9-4A61-8B80-AD2CBBB43C5C.jpeg

I finally got around to installing my rock sliders that have been sitting in my garage for a couple months. Another big thumbs up for White Knuckle Off Road - their sliders are SOLID and an easy install with the provided offset spacers for the passenger side brake lines. I also prepped my frame rails prior to the install with POR15 - luckily not too bad since I didn't have any rust to deal with. I went with the 10 degree reduced angle sliders and the only downside (cosmetic) is that the gap between slider / rocker is more visible with the 10 deg vs 20 deg angle. The sliders are more for climbing in / out of the 60 for my wife so went with the 10 deg option. Now i just need some proper tires on her and she'll be good to go! ;) It never ends right?!

I finally got around to installing my rock sliders that have been sitting in my garage for a couple months. Another big thumbs up for White Knuckle Off Road - their sliders are SOLID and an easy install with the provided offset spacers for the passenger side brake lines. I also prepped my frame rails prior to the install with POR15 - luckily not too bad since I didn't have any rust to deal with. I went with the 10 degree reduced angle sliders and the only downside (cosmetic) is that the gap between slider / rocker is more visible with the 10 deg vs 20 deg angle. The sliders are more for climbing in / out of the 60 for my wife so went with the 10 deg option. Now i just need some proper tires on her and she'll be good to go! ;) It never ends right?!

View attachment 1940841

View attachment 1940842

View attachment 1940846
Looks great, glad to see the 10 degree option installed. Been thinking about going that route as I'd probably use sliders more for climbing in/out and getting stuff off the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom