What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[QUOwhat you LostInNevada, post: 11285911, member: 126588"]View attachment 1564481 Put my new carpet in the 60 this weekend. Easy install but not what I expected[/QUOTE]
Not what you expected?

Take a look at the this oil filter I installed yesterday that was sitting around. I have ordered 2 off internet from two different sellers....im hoarded them .lol.

$_12.jpg

Last edited:
Added an extra ground wire to my license plate light socket (I have done this to two different FJ62s). You have to scratch the surface of the steel with an awl, and use lots of heat and rosin core solder to get it to stick. The license plate bulb on one side did not work, and it has 12v hot going to the fixture. Somehow, even though welded to the frame, the license plate light loses its ground. I also took the time to drown the inside of the fixture with Fluid Film where it was rusting.

DSCN1661.JPG

DSCN1662.JPG

DSCN1663.JPG

DSCN1664.JPG

Flew out to NC to visit my son Will @WhiteTiger911 . He had the knuckle rebuild already done. I got to help finish up the heavy duty Marlin steering rods and TRE's. Wyatt my grandson also got in some wrenching. 3 generations of Cruiser head's. Good times

IMG_20171027_154754960_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20171027_163509281_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20171028_145340352_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20171027_163543866_HDR~2.jpg

View attachment 1564178 Knocking out one of the punch list items post SAS. Since this motor sat unused for 30+ years the innards were nasty. Did Ann aggressive flush a few months ago but it’s still aweful smelling so I’m doing another clean out. Going to try a flush (with chemicals) this time around.
Some nasty black stuff coming out of the cooling system. I’ve alread drained the Toyota red (was no longer red) and this pic is straight water and 90psi air. Bought the Preston flush solution. Filled it with that and distilled water and went out and ran it for a few hours. Will put a few more on then drain, flush and finally fill her up with Red again. Also added 2 more motor grounds (advice from @roma042987) so now have a total of 5. Funny thing is this motor runs Super Cool. All through Colorado and Wyoming in August the needle rarely moved. Lastly...the 61 Roma and I went to BC to
3EAA58E4-6CD0-4F2E-B892-13099104CF91.jpeg
208514D4-4759-40E3-B910-E0E3119C6537.jpeg
6A00F864-81D9-4849-8E80-D13E7E89C178.jpeg
pick up the other week showed up this weekend. Stoked about this future project.

Decided to finally install the new woodruff key for my power steering pulley in hopes of eliminating some wobble.

When I replaced my power steering pump several months ago I found the woodruff key to be severely smeared and mis-shapen. I didn't have a replacement at that time so I put the old key/pulley back on the new pump. I didn't notice any wobble by hand but can visually see the pulley wobbling off center as it spins - so I decided to order a new key and swap it.

It's been on my workbench for about 8 months. Just haven't gotten around to it, until yesterday. I dismantled everything and got the old pulley off, and was fiddling with the new one trying to get it into place just right when I dropped it. Spent about 1 1/2 hours probing every nook and cranny, sweeping the floor with magnets and lights until I finally called off the search. Ended up putting everything back together with the old pulley and key and slinking into the house to order another one.

That's just how it goes some days.

Drove it, just drove it.:steer: A lot of deferred maintenance is still on the horizon but I was happy in my blissful ignorance. Adding bushings to my expanding list as the truck moved around a little too much on the bumps and turns in the paved roads. Buster Brown really likes gravel though.:)

Nick, water and vinegar??? Or a razor blade? What’s the secret?

i did mine with 0000 steel wool and rubbing compound. takes a fair bit of arm workout...then i just wash the residue off with soap n water and a wash mitt. dry the glass really well and see where i missed / rinse repeat.

Bonneville Salt Flats - Deep Creek - Pony Express

Self Portrait
SelfPortraitSaltFlats copy.jpg

Camp Spot one night
DJI_0051.jpg

FI5A6855.jpg

FI5A7064.jpg

Poser Flex shot.... I really need new suspension. Leafs and shocks are getting tired..
FLEXY copy.jpg

Went to Home Depot... Came out and noticed what appeared to be spray paint tested on my wheel!!!!
View attachment 1565257

Then realized it was the reflection from the tail light of the truck next to me... :beer:
Could you post a full shot of your rig? I want to see those rims, they look slick!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom