What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol...yeah. Almost impossible to avoid a bumper hit on the crack.

Death Valley Titus Canyon and Ibex Ghost Town

GX470_Titus_01.jpg
GX470_Ibex_01.jpg

Easiest to do them while the vehicle is on the ground. Less tension and use a few ratchet straps to keep everything in place while swapping. Also doing one side at a time helps.
Do you have long travel rear? MT recomends adjusting them 3/16” longer than your stockers.

Easiest to do them while the vehicle is on the ground. Less tension and use a few ratchet straps to keep everything in place while swapping. Also doing one side at a time helps.
Do you have long travel rear? MT recomends adjusting them 3/16” longer than your stockers.
I did do them on a drive on lift. And used ratchet straps. And did one side at a time. Still a pain. It’s a Chicago truck. I just had the truck on my 2 post to double check some stuff. It’s exended travel, but I still wanted to physically check pinion angle. I did it wrong and it’s still out. I took measurements from the pinion flange and the T-case flange instead of using driveshaft angle to figure it. As a result, it’s wrong and I have to do it all over again. Haha

@BlackCat Your gx470 still looks very clean. Did you replace the headlight glass and fog lights?

One cosmetic upgrade I’ve been thinking are the clear rear lenses, the clear fog lights, and restoring the front headlights.

@BlackCat Your gx470 still looks very clean. Did you replace the headlight glass and fog lights?

One cosmetic upgrade I’ve been thinking are the clear rear lenses, the clear fog lights, and restoring the front headlights.
Thanks! The outside is near spotless, the frame has some minor scale on it from 12 IL winters, but it’s not that bad. Most of the components haven’t been off the truck in 15 years so some go down fighting.
And yes, I put Sport headlights in it about 2.5 years ago. The fog lights are original to the truck, I haven’t touched them.

I was wondering if you ever got around to this install on a GX? I have one sitting in my garage and after pulling the plastic off it looks like its going to be quite hard to get the support it will need installing it on the door. Any ideas and advice are helpful.
Thanks

This is being delivered to my door today. Will be working on mounting it to the back cargo door in the coming weeks.
Drop Down Table - by Front Runner
tbra027-5.jpg

I think this is one of the best deals on their site besides the Wolf Packs I already have.
Wolf Pack - by Front Runner
And I plan to buy a new top for one of my Wolf Packs as soon as it is in stock.
Wolf Pack Hi-Lid - by Front Runner

Absolutely! My Inital thoughts are to install two flat strips of steel to the metal door panel behind the plastic to give me a nice flat surface to attach to. I pulled the door all apart last weekend to replace my broken handle with some rope so I have some photos to reference and a game plan.
Do you have any photos of your install of the tray?

I installed a Dobinsons 2" lift today with medium progressive rear coils and comfort valved shocks. Also added Firestone helper bags. Extremely happy with the ride. Not hard at all, better than stock, nose dive gone, way less body roll, fantastic!

20180407_173517.jpg

20180407_173432.jpg

What’s the part number on the dobinson rear medium prigressive springs? Also, what’s the part number on the dobinson rear shocks? Are the shocks 2.5” diameter?

What’s your measurements from hub to fender on rear unloaded?

Ah, found kyle’s post where he has pictures of the suspension parts. He did say the shock bodies are 2.2”, but I can’t find the hub to fender measurements nor the part number on the progressive rear medium springs. The Dobinsons MRR have arrived!

Center hub to fender is about 23.5" empty load. Coils on less than 24 hours at this point so may settle. Rear coils are C59-675V and I believe rear shocks are GS59--705. Best to confirm those with Kyle. I ordered from him via Treaty Oak Offroad.

Yesterday but I had a good time wheeling at Mardi Krawl 2018. It was a slick muddy mess
8D02FEC2-67D2-46B3-BFD5-8E1E866C345C.jpeg
A4E349C2-6F63-49FE-9CFB-91DC4441BC11.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom