What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trimmed bumpers Front & Rear
AE9CFEC2-D53D-4D46-82A5-B39F0A875F1D.jpeg

FC5D8B72-ED15-4ADA-864C-D4A421395998.jpeg

@Bluetribal was the purpose of trimming the bumpers to achieve better clearance? Improve departure angles? Just curious.

I'm thinking of just removing the rear mud flaps for now.

NICE!
I've thought that exact line for trimming the front and hadn't seen it done yet. Props man, looks good! Nice on rear too.

BTW, you're arriving at the end of a half marathon race weekend.
This weekend is a skinny tire road race and I think a 'winter thaw' Mt. Bike feat/thing....

And so the season is underway!

Yes for clearance, the corners were all messed up from rocks. And my upcoming Moab trip was the final push.
Plus I had to remove the rear mud flaps for the exhaust relocation.
@Bluetribal can you show the exhaust side trimming? I saw how you routed and trimmed previously but I'm curious how you've further refined that now.

*EDIT* Also a profile. That looks good. Is front basically horizontal? I'd like to see how that line matches or parallels the bottom of door lip. Plus the rear looks like a good departure, or a good improvement from flap roll-off .

practical!

Last edited:
@DRANGED
I basically just followed this line back behind the mud flap piece.

B6780279-E18F-433A-B525-598E367DE08E.jpeg

And I continued the line down to the corner just below the reflectors on the back.
There wasn’t much sense to cut too high in back because I run a stock hitch.

2CD124FB-C937-4BF8-897F-7DA9DB9D4D5A.jpeg

I also got some photos of what I did with the inner wheel well plastic since no one seems to provide that pic.
Passenger Side
BE73A901-8AFD-4302-B0C7-D434F9188E53.jpeg

Driver side
38E5B131-1366-4EA9-82D6-34616C9CB0E3.jpeg

Last edited:
The angle of picture is deceptive, there is tons of room between a shackle and the tire.

I did the same thing and I agree, not that loud.

That is some super quick turn around! I am loving the attention the GX is getting in the aftermarket, hopefully the demand increases.

On another note, I chopped the rear of the exhaust off and installed the other tow point. Contrary to what others have stated, there was a volume increase upon losing the rear resonator, but at speed it is hardly noticeable. The exhaust does sound mean in the garage now.

Removed the factory roof rack. Like the cleaner look a lot better.

Does that mean you have decided to keep it?
Uhh, I don't know. I kept the rack, but it's still for sale. It's a good truck, hard to let go at the offers people make. Under-coated today too...

Today... installed new hood struts and greased my driveshaft in an effort to fix the CLUNK.

Clunk is now gone during acceleration from a stop! And it has reduced by 50 percent during braking to a stop. Did I miss something on this? This was my first experience greasing a driveshaft...

Today... installed new hood struts and greased my driveshaft in an effort to fix the CLUNK.

Clunk is now gone during acceleration from a stop! And it has reduced by 50 percent during braking to a stop. Did I miss something on this? This was my first experience greasing a driveshaft...

Greasing the driveshaft is a short term fix

@DRANGED
I basically just followed this line back behind the mud flap piece.

View attachment 1651942

And I continued the line down to the corner just below the reflectors on the back.
There wasn’t much sense to cut too high in back because I run a stock hitch.

View attachment 1651958
I also got some photos of what I did with the inner wheel well plastic since no one seems to provide that pic.
Passenger Side
View attachment 1651960

Driver side
View attachment 1651961

Looks like you have some sort of trim/from finisher where you cut-or are my eyes deceiving me. I’m thinking about trimming the boards on my 570 and was wondering what I could cover the imperfections/rough edges with.

@tbisaacs
Here is what I used from O’Reilly Auto Parts and one pack of 18’ door trim will be enough for both front and rear bumpers and I would assume both L & R Steps

This stuff is kind of a pain to install, best trick I found was to fold it backwards just before pushing it on. And don't expect to slide it once it's on because it has some sticky stuff inside to help keep it on.
5B5D1486-1A08-4BE4-BD54-FA78DE71D5E7.jpeg

@tbisaacs
Here is what I used from O’Reilly Auto Parts and one pack of 18’ door trim will be enough for both front and rear bumpers and I would assume both L & R Steps

This stuff is kind of a pain to install, best trick I found was to fold it backwards just before pushing it on. And don't expect to slide it once it's on because it has some sticky stuff inside to help keep it on.
View attachment 1652194
Boom thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom