Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great Mike, tell us more about the bracket..
From what I understand, the bracket that Slee ships with the bumper is a combination front license plate/solenoid box holder. Since I do not run a front plate, I had not need for it and I did not care for how it looked/functioned.

The bracket that ships with the M8000 off-set's the solenoid box to the side of the winch, not over the center. The bracket also will not work with the shortbus bumper as it positions the box too far back where it contacts the grill.

So I decided to make a bracket that supports the solenoid box at four points (instead of the 2 that the Slee bracket uses) and center it on the winch. It fits in nicely and keeps the winch electrical cables out of the way of the spool.

sbb_7_450.jpg

first wheeling trip for me driving the LX :bounce: now that my surgery nicely trained me for left foot braking . . . ;)

oddly enough, there were electrical problems at the end of run - odd, because this is how my first run in the 40 ended as well :hmm:

plus, the 40 died on the test run, the LX died just after the test run :doh: :hmm: both before purchase - I was not deterred, and look at the fun I've already had, including today :bounce: :steer:

Firestone Air Rides Installede

Installed a set of Firestone Air Rides on my 2013 Taco for towing. Here are the pics. Pretty straight-forward install.
Terry

Firestone Air Ride 1.jpg

Firestone Air Ride 2.jpg

Ive heard good things about the Firestone bag system. What kind of compressor does it come with and where did you end up mounting it?

Ive heard good things about the Firestone bag system. What kind of compressor does it come with and where did you end up mounting it?

I am not using a compressor. Just air up when towing.

They do make a compressor if needed but I do not know the cost. My experience with previous versions is that they will hold pressure for quite some time. Terry

I bought a battery for the LX, and it got new brake pads all around

I bought a battery for the LX

I did the same for the 40, and with the parts from Kristal and Kurt, should be good to go for awhile.:cool:

Installed a new power steering pump and was tired of the broken antenna I installed a solid mast antenna.

Finally got my engine put back together on my 4Runner after doing a top end rebuild on it. I also installed my new marlin crawler gear drive transfer case with 4.7's in it. Excited to go test it out and see what she does.

Pull the POS stock roof rack off and plugged the holes:D
Few days back installed some 100 series pads

In preparation for the trail run tomorrow, I bolted on the IPOR heavy duty skid plate to my FJ40 underbelly. (Thanks Saddletramp for hooking me up!
thumb.gif
)

With the conversion, I only had to do a very minor trim on the rear edge for the t-case drain bolt to allow clear access for a socket.

SKID.jpg

SKID1.jpg

I bought a battery for the LX . . .

I did the same for the 40 . . .

turns out, the LX didn't need the transplant - it started up on the first try yesterday on the red-top Optima pilfered from the Blazer two weeks ago :hillbilly:

so, if this means there isn't major parasitic drain, then the Blazer gets its battery back and the LX gets the brand-new yellow-yop that's been holding the garage floor down - provided I can lift it; which I haven't even tried :eek:

and yeah, in preparation of the garbage pick-up tomorrow, I uncluttered the cargo area . . . somewhat . . .

honestly, I'd rather somebody else take the leaking-beer-can-bag into their truck :hillbilly:

solar panels have really advanced. that thing is very thin - I hear the guy that bought your old panel has some creative plans for it.

What did you use to attach the film? Is this install providing the power to the waeco fridge or is there more?

What did you use to attach the film? Is this install providing the power to the waeco fridge or is there more?

3M recommended VHB double sided tape.The spec'd tape has 100lbs/sqin holding strength, 300° temp rating, and is .025 thick. I used ~15' of 1/2" wide tape for the install:hillbilly:

Testing is still underway but the goal is to be able to use both batteries overnight to provide heat for the mattress, fridge, lighting, along with other needed accessories i.e. blender:D

This weeks 40 work.....

I had a leaking water pump so I replaced it with a new Toyota pump and while I was at it, had the alternator overhauled by Luna Electric in TUS.

Waterpump.jpg

OH Alt.jpg

After hitting my spare tire and and hitch on every rock this last weekend, I decided I need to do something about the spare tire, and since a new rear bumper isn't in the budget I decided to give this a try.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/778554-fj-fzj80-spare-tire-lift-5-easy-way.html

Before

ForumRunner_20131107_010252.jpg

After

ForumRunner_20131107_010331.jpg

Not much of a difference, I didn't measure before I started, but I hope this helps with clearance. Now I just need to decide what to do with the hitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom