What did you do on your 70 series today? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine has an insulator but no rest blocks.

Touching some things up

00C7D049-C609-47EA-8E7A-16898CF7E7FB.jpeg

I agree.....narrow nose trucks will be a good setup and thanks for the heads up on the insulator/rest blocks....my truck has none.

Maybe I'll have to get a set to someone with both those things to test. I'm pretty sure though that the leverage of the hood and the way they work, I can use a pretty heavy strut.

insulator & rest blocks here. :D

Touched up a few rust spots, replaced front wheel bearings & brake pads...

i-Lf5HrQB-L.jpg

Got the rattly double cardan rebuilt on the front driveshaft...

i-427dXXN-L.jpg

Had a problem with it not shifting out of 4wd - mine's pushbutton with the vacuum engagement. I think it was a blockage in the T in the line to the little solenoid vac valves, as after I blew that out with compressed air it's working fine.

Now ready for some summer fun & firewood hauling :banana:

Cheers
Clint

Loaded up the dog, threw some adult beverages into the fridge, and headed out into the desert for the night...in this case, Anza Borrego State Park.

Airing down
AB12185.jpg

So cold...and were those raindrops I heard in the middle of the night?
AB12184.jpg

Took a break along the way in Canyon sin Nombre
AB12183.jpg

Nothing too technical on this trip, so tried my best to find somewhere to flex a bit. By the way, @reevesci @TRAIL TAILOR the Tough Dog shocks continue to impress.
AB12181.jpg

Airing up in the forest of windmills
AB12182.jpg

Last edited:
Loaded up the dog, threw some adult beverages into the fridge, and headed out into the desert for the night...in this case, Anza Borrego State Park.

Airing down
AB12185.jpg

So cold...and were those raindrops I heard in the middle of the night?
AB12184.jpg

Took a break along the way in Canyon sin Nombre
AB12183.jpg

Nothing too technical on this trip, so tried my best to find somewhere to flex a bit. By the way, @reevesci @TRAIL TAILOR the Tough Dog shocks continue to impress.
AB12181.jpg

Airing up in the forest of windmills
AB12182.jpg

Nice LC....
I have been out there many times in the Jeep....
This Wed & Thurs the desert is expecting RAIN....
Watch for flash floods around Coyote Canyon....

Annnnnnnnd.............. the 70 series narrow nose gas strut hood lifts are done.

Super weird to open the hood on a Toyota and NOT have to put a prop rod up. Brain is struggling with it.

Anyone interested in me making this into a kit?

20181204_151508.jpg
20181204_183406.jpg
20181204_183437_HDR.jpg

Annnnnnnnd.............. the 70 series narrow nose gas strut hood lifts are done.

Super weird to open the hood on a Toyota and NOT have to put a prop rod up. Brain is struggling with it.

Anyone interested in me making this into a kit?

I'd be in for one kit...

I've got a stronger set of struts coming in tomorrow that I want to try.....once I know how those work, then we'll start popping these out. i'll be better able to dial in the price too. I'm going to keep it as low as I can.

Maybe anyone interested should PM me....easier to keep track of things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom