What are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice!

Where is a good place to get leather these days? I got mine from aatlas a long time ago - before he went awol.

I bought a set of hog ring pliers - don't recall it being bad at all.

I still have the 2nd row in a box on the basement. Wanted to wait till the kids were out of car seats.
Thanks. I got mine from LSeat.com. It's the value option these days. About $300 for the two front seats, arm rests, and center console.

There another Mudmember making quality leather for more coin. I forget his name but folks give him good reviews.

Wishing I was working on the truck - but due to poor grading and some overzealous downspouts, I am getting water in my basement. So I spent the weekend directing all the water away from my house...350ft away...

View attachment 1464261

Feel you pain, back in 04 when my parents bought there place in Chadds Ford, I walked into the basement to find water that during all the times they went to see the house never saw any of it and it was pouring.

Needless to say this was the exact same thing we did, for a second I thought you took the picture from my parents place lol!!!

Why finish one project when you can start another. Started looking for a sunroof leak last night. Can you say "scope creep"!

IMG_2590.JPG

You have more balls than I do tearing down the headliner in an 80 series! Hope you find the leak and remedy it!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the 95-97 are one piece and not that intimidating.

Might as well insulate while you're in there!

It was easy to get out, just time consuming. Greg is right about the 95+ model being one piece. Just tedious work getting everything disconnected. Took me about 2 hours from start to finish. You need a lovely assistant named Bambi to remove it from the rig, so you don't bend it.

I was thinking of insulating the back roof / adding sound deadner until I pulled it down and saw the green insulation in the back. I think adding anything more would just piss money away because the effect wouldn't be noticeable. Already have the third row light in the LX so nothing to do there. I'll at least clean up the headliner. It was dirtier than I realized.

Building a drawer system for the back of one of the work trucks. It's an 8' bed, so we built a small full length drawer with a prefinished maple bottom sliding on two strips of laminate. It isn't loaded up yet but initially testing it works awesome! The other side uses the semi-famous Accuride 500# slides in a 60" length.

The guys will start using this on Tuesday so it'll never look this pretty again!

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

023.JPG

Finally charged the AC in the Lexus last night. I have (3) vehicles to do at the moment, so I took the plunge and ordered the tools!

First charge seems to be a success. Anxious to see how cool it feels on a hot day!

Replaced the compressor, expansion valve, dryer and all o-rings. I pulled a vacuum for an hour and filled it with 30oz of freon. Compressor was pre-charged with PAG oil.

Pretty easy overall!

20170529_154317.jpg
20170531_192836.jpg

Finally charged the AC in the Lexus last night.

Prepping it for sale, or have you decided to keep it?

If you're going to sell it, I know someone who is looking for an LX (not me...honest!).

If I could find a nice 100 to use as the new family hauler I would do it in a heartbeat.

For now, just trying to stay cool

What's your price range?

Finally charged the AC in the Lexus last night. I have (3) vehicles to do at the moment, so I took the plunge and ordered the tools!

I’ve been considering “the plunge” as well. Whose setup did you end up getting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom