What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the tools are still available new from the dealer.
i cheated and just ordered the whole shooting match from racer65.
the bag came from cruiser world.

this kit however would not be correct for your '72.

Nope, but may next time, good thinking.
I just hope we get through the saw cuts they are make tomorrow.
I don't plan to actually bolt the four post lift down, I like the idea of dragging it outside every once and a while, casters sold separately.
Good stuff! Did my whole house in radiant. Concrete cracks like a mother but it's great heat. I do have a tendency to open up the manifolds at time and run the water through a little hotter than recommended though. And I don't think they had the mix completely right when they poured mine as well. Still wouldn't have another source of heat after using it for 15 years now.

All done, insulated and sealed up tight. Now I gotta pick some doors, run some air lines and conduit....

20170428_200509.jpg

You da man Pacer! can't wait to have the first Keystone Cruiser TECH DAY at your new shop.

I'll drink a few beers and pee off the side of the deck like Theo!

Thanks Gary. She's happy that is done. Alex keeps his bike and toys in it so he loves the new floor.

Turned this:

Trailer kitchen box - 2017.04.16.jpg

Into this:

148.JPG

Getting mounted onto the front of the trailer tomorrow to get ready for a trip up to VT on Wednesday. After working 7 days a week, 80+hr weeks since late January I am looking forward to a break and a fun trip with the family!

Been slowly working on the right hand drive HDJ81 I bought in January. In the last two weeks I replaced the 35" General grabber AT tires with a set of Toyo 285/75 MT's. Awesome tires I am very pleased with them, the ride is good and the handling improved a ton over the generals. This week I installed a complete Old Man Emu suspension- new springs and shocks for what was supposed to be a 2 1/2" lift. Still need to replace the steering stabilizer. Big difference, I am now well pleased with the ride and handling and a lot closer to being ready for our trip to Colorado in September. the truck is running great hope it stays that way! A few pics attached.

Toyos OME 1 May 2.jpg
Toyos OME 2 May2.jpg
Toyos OME 3 May 2.jpg

Looks good Gary. Seems you got the same results that I got on my recent OME 2.5" on the 91. Turned out to be more like 4.5" in the rear and 3"+ in front. I know this will settle with the addition of bumpers and sliders, but it was a bit shocking at first.

@shmukster did you do a castor correction also with that 2 1/2 lift? How about you @Stoshu ? Looking at the same lift on my 91

I installed the correction bushings supplied with the kit. It was a royal PITA! You'll need to have access to a 30-40 ton shop press, and I'd strongly recommend acquiring a removal tool. The later is machined to be the exact diameter of the bushing and seats in the bushing while pressing it out (I made the mistake of thinking it wasn't necessary and wound up fabbing one up). I believe the bushings are installed by Superman or King Kong at the factory. They were quite the chore to get out.

@shmukster did you do a castor correction also with that 2 1/2 lift? How about you @Stoshu ? Looking at the same lift on my 91
No I didn't install the bushings although I did buy them. My truck goes down the road straight right now with no problems and handles very well. I agree with Brian- I see no immediate need to change them. Comments welcome as i am relatively new to the 80 series trucks.

Gary if you still want another set of control arms....I'm actually thinking about getting that other set of mine with the correction bushings under the 93 here shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom