What are you working on? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a bit of work on the 100 and the camper today.

Installed a @TrekboxX tailgate cover and pad to replace the old dingy gross carpet on the tailgate! Very nice product. The drawer rubs on the pad due to the increased height so this might be the motivation I need to rebuild my drawer system to the quality level of the ones I've built for some of you guys recently!

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

Also installed a LED light over the kitchen area of the camper in advance of our trip to VT this week. 3 levels of white and 3 levels of amber. Very cool!

IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2171.JPG

Last edited:
I might need to open my own shop.

If you're even thinking about doing this, make it happen, don't drag your feet. While running your own business, and being the boss can be a pain in the ass and stressful at times, it sure beats the alternative.

Do it!

Last edited:
If you're even thinking about doing this, make it happen, don't drag you're feet. While running you're own business, and being the boss can be a pain in the ass and stressful at times, it sure beats the alternative.

Do it!

I have mixed emotions on it. I had a "side" shop a number of years ago and I thouroughly enjoyed it, however overhead was low as it wasn't a legit business. I made decent money, but it was very time consuming. I had a buddy I split the shop with who was a complete train wreck so I'd only want to do it as a sole proprietor and that takes a ton of capital I don't have.

I'd much prefer to do it in something other than the automotive repair shop but I don't know what exactly. For now I'll enjoy punching out at 5 and not haveing any worries.

I have mixed emotions on it. I had a "side" shop a number of years ago and I thouroughly enjoyed it, however overhead was low as it wasn't a legit business. I made decent money, but it was very time consuming. I had a buddy I split the shop with who was a complete train wreck so I'd only want to do it as a sole proprietor and that takes a ton of capital I don't have.

I'd much prefer to do it in something other than the automotive repair shop but I don't know what exactly. For now I'll enjoy punching out at 5 and not haveing any worries.

I understand the appeal of the "done at five" deal, but would still never go back to it...

Abandoned the front air locker actuator and experimenting with this. OX Manual Cable actuator. If it works I'm going to replace the rear air locker with this also.

amc-20-heavy-duty-cover.jpg

Abandoned the front air locker actuator and experimenting with this. OX Manual Cable actuator. If it works I'm going to replace the rear air locker with this also.

amc-20-heavy-duty-cover.jpg

What happened to the Russian pneumatic actuator? Was it a scam, or did you change your mind?

What happened to the Russian pneumatic actuator? Was it a scam, or did you change your mind?

On back-order for a month then 2 week delivery. But this seems much cooler anyway..lol

Finally charged the AC in the Lexus last night. I have (3) vehicles to do at the moment, so I took the plunge and ordered the tools!

20170531_192836-jpg.1470757

Is that the Harbor Freight setup? I’ve been contemplating picking things up to work on mine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom