What are you listening to right now??? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While I like his Flash Gordonesque headpiece, I gotta say nyet, nyet, nyet. With so much of that style of music (and I count my beloved Madonna there) being canned and lip-synched, I always wonder how many people would go see those shows if there was no music at all, since it's obviously treated by the artists as a dance show first. Thoughts?

Love me some Dakha Brakha - very hypnotic and inventive Ukrainian folk music. Can't understand a frickin' word, but that's ok - their stuff sends me on a trip, no hallucinogens required... Latest (from 2016): The Road, by DakhaBrakha

24.jpg

Infamous Stringdusters covering The Cure - two of my favs. Sorry, crappy cell phone vid from a live show.

Think it's The Ogden

Hmmmmmm, where to begin...

Then this...

Reactions: AJR
Same song. totallllly different genre, but the lead in is somewhat funny. really starts up 3:00

This is quite....ummmm, soothing, yeah, soothing

this is all pretty cool, but right now I'm all about the trans-siberian orchestra. Its the only way xmas music works.

My Son's a'cappella group, Grains of Time, from NC State, performing an original arrangement of a Bon Iver song:

Bon Iver Song, Creeks:

creeks bon iver - بحث Google

Grains of Time:

Creeks

Another full time work day in the house. Today is ABBA. I'm on the third one so far. Like their music or not, and there's a lot more than just the hits - some of it pretty cool - it's incredible how talented those people were (2 wrote & arranged/all 4 sang). Almost all of it done in the days when the recording industry was just starting to crawl out of the dark ages. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that it's likely we'll never again know if anybody has that level of vocal talent.

Hear me out...unless you see somebody perform completely unplugged (i.e. in person without amplification of any sort) nowadays, you will never know if they're being "helped" vocally by electronic assistance. It's almost as common in live performance now as it is on recorded music. And before you get all bent up that "So & So says they never use that stuff and I saw them in a small club so they couldn't have been doing it!", I'm here to tell you that many artists have no clue that they're being 'helped' by their engineer, on record OR live, and location does not matter. For those of you that don't know, my day job gives me almost daily access to everybody from emerging talent to the biggest names in music from the 1950's on...and their crews/managers/audio people.

Not knocking people for using electronic aids (and I'm not saying it's all Milli Vanilli-style flat out replacement) - and many of my favorites proudly do it - I've just been thinking about that today for some reason.

The Zombies and The Rascals are next on the playlist. More great vocal harmony bands from long ago.

Best harmonies out of Sweden - At ages 15 and 17:

This...... all day every day for the last 2 weeks.... friggen Amazon

Gov't Mule right now, 'Brokedown on The Brazos.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom