What are you listening to right now??? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Billy Squier. I have some great memories of playing this song in my old bar band days. Probably my favorite tune to play there, followed closely by Stevie Wonder's "Superstition". I'm mixing it up tonight with some 70's live AC/DC.

Listening to The Hooters' 'Day By Day' on my (sigh) generic earbuds. Got me thinking to share my story about last week when I was ready to pull to trigger on some SHURE earbuds to get made into custom molds. 4 drivers, stupid money - even at dealer cost. Went to a friends house that night. He says, "Hmmm, let me see what mine are". Turns out he has some custom $$$$$ crap that was bought by his current full time employer (a Canadian band who 95% of us hate but 75% of us listen to). THIRTEEN F'n DRIVERS!!!! How the hell can that fit into one tiny little thing that you shove in your ear canal? I couldn't listen to them because they're built into custom ear molds but seeing as how they're still not the hippest thing in that catalog (even at $1800), I really don't want to anyway. Going back to enjoying my gas station earbuds.

And, FYI...The Hooters are awesome.

Listening to The Hooters' 'Day By Day' on my (sigh) generic earbuds. ......

Agreed... :) Still in the play rotation on the road......

ht.png

Listening to The Hooters' 'Day By Day' on my (sigh) generic earbuds. Got me thinking to share my story about last week when I was ready to pull to trigger on some SHURE earbuds to get made into custom molds. 4 drivers, stupid money - even at dealer cost. Went to a friends house that night. He says, "Hmmm, let me see what mine are". Turns out he has some custom $$$$$ crap that was bought by his current full time employer (a Canadian band who 95% of us hate but 75% of us listen to). THIRTEEN F'n DRIVERS!!!! How the hell can that fit into one tiny little thing that you shove in your ear canal? I couldn't listen to them because they're built into custom ear molds but seeing as how they're still not the hippest thing in that catalog (even at $1800), I really don't want to anyway. Going back to enjoying my gas station earbuds.

I don't bother with good earbuds, I figure if I need something that's small and light, it's going to be fed by my phone anyway so it'll sound like crap regardless. I swear by sennheiser headphones - I've bought probably 10 pairs over the years. My oldes son has a pair of $300 ones, daughter has the "Pro" ones that I got for $200. Other son has the Xbox One Sennheiser headphones/mic that was like $250... I rock a pair of $40 ones that are decent. Way better than the $200 Beats Audio phones I won in a raffle a couple years ago. Youngest son has a pair of $30 ones and they are really good too...

@mtweller

TBT last night in Raleigh - they were awesome - was lookin for ya :)

All the energy of being off for a year + and yet tighter than ever - amazing play list - all the greats + the new album.

20180515_215000.jpg

A brand new (50 miles old) Chebby 2500 Duramax getting body cuts for our open fender system that allows running of 40’s with no lift .....

Painful to the ears :meh::lol:

@mtweller

TBT last night in Raleigh - they were awesome - was lookin for ya :)

All the energy of being off for a year + and yet tighter than ever - amazing play list - all the greats + the new album.

View attachment 1702065

Wife went and I had to give away my ticket to a buddy due to getting over a cold and having a 630AM flight this morning. Would have toughed it out, but we are going to Camp Greensky at the end of the month and will see them there. Glad you enjoyed the show, can't wait to see that energy firsthand. Wife mentioned the lineup might have changed, need to check that out.

Yes, we missed you last night! But Joel was a good stand-in! Had fun, but ended too early. Somewhere between Billy Strings and TBT for a school night!

Yes, we missed you last night! But Joel was a good stand-in! Had fun, but ended too early. Somewhere between Billy Strings and TBT for a school night!

I figured I'd let you chime in, as desired :) Glad y'all had fun. Was surprised at the show ending early as well... just early enough for Emma to wake me up when she came in and cost me an hour's worth of sleep before the early flight :bang:

If I ever lose any more of my hearing I hope it's not the left ear. I prefer headphones instead of speakers most of the time and Malcolm is usually mixed to the left side. Rock N Roll Train has been a staple for months now. I can actually imagine Bon singing this one.

Last edited:
I'd like to pubicly thank @jamesurq for introducing me to the world of mashups. In my gigging days I used to think it was cool to just segue from one weird cover to another. He posted something here earlier this year that showed me how much more there can be. Check this out.

I may have posted this in the past, but it bears repeating.

I aint asking nobody for nothin
If I cant get it on my own!

RIP Greg Allman

Not a great fit for here, but, oh well:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom