Unobtainium (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you Boys.. Does anyone know their correct name to help the search??
A part no. would be great..

Thanks.. Gaz

Thanks @ERNRAM that really helps. I looked up Spectre and they want $19.99 a pair, black, plus postage..
I'l have to try some wreckers over here...

Cheers all..

There are significantly fewer ‘79+ cars, so the mat will be limited in production. Also, the logo is in a spot that’s easy to delete if necessary. The topic has been covered quite a bit. Personally I see the logo as a nice to have rather than must have unless the car is from Dan’s museum. In that case, it wouldn’t need a mat :).

Found this photo on the web. It shows how the outline for the transfer case shift lever on the 83/84 was larger so could be cut for either the four or five speed. Not sure if this is something that is possible?

674x900-1_-214jyID-6f4p1u.jpg

Are these rubber spacers for the rear hatch available anywhere? I was unable to find a part number through Toyota diagrams

I know City Racer has some listed for Ambulance doors, but unsure if they will work with a hatch door. They have slight difrences in design:

He lists that they are compliant "with the earlier version, " but does that mean "earlier style ambulance doors" or "earlier version hatch doors"? @Racer65, if you need, I can remove these spacers and send them to you to reproduce for the earlier hatch door. I'm planning to be removing the hardtop soon and replace the tub gaskets/roof weatherstripping

The round clamp for the air cleaner hose is no problem; however, I was challenged by the oval one (for the '79+ model years) so I gave up on the set for now.

The aftermarket carb is the same part # as the OEM one, so it will definitely fit the stock air cleaner.
Hi Roger! A few years ago, Marshall removed the Weber carb from my 6/1981 and took me back to stock with a stock air cleaner. Eventually I found the late model cowbell and I picked up the hose from you. Unfortunately, the hose can't be retained by pressure alone and needs a clamp on the oval side. Have you attempted to make the oval clamp again? Do you have any suggestions? As you've no doubt discovered, the round clamps don't really fit this application very well (I have one installed, but it is gapped on bottom and top).

Oh, and I'm in for a late model mat!

Last edited:
I purchased this NOS Pillar Lamp online through Johannesburg South Africa , Hell of ride to the other side of

Planet Earth to Find Me

🦄

81240-21010

1958-12/74 fj40 VAN / hardtop

DSCN9839.JPG
DSCN9850.JPG
DSCN9851.JPG
DSCN9783.JPG
DSCN9785.JPG

If a Part is Closer to The Galapagos Islands then it is to Me , Its Truly

Unobtainium

DSCN9787.JPG
DSCN9789.JPG

I remember when that style packaging was new.....o_O

Here is an old package. It's my current desk art.
20190705_090035.jpg

I know a batch of these were found several years ago, but this was a great find for me in 2019. NOS split case rear output shaft retainer with the extension for the driveline parking brake.

Thing has been sitting on a shelf for nearly 30 years just waiting for someone to buy it. Best part, it was $41 and change. They must not have updated the pricing since 1989 either! :rofl:

-Geoff

IMG_20190706_115202148.jpg

IMG_20190706_115716662.jpg

IMG_20190706_115719601.jpg

IMG_20190706_115709863.jpg

IMG_20190706_115213638.jpg

I know a batch of these were found several years ago, but this was a great find for me in 2019. NOS split case rear output shaft retainer with the extension for the driveline parking brake.

Thing has been sitting on a shelf for nearly 30 years just waiting for someone to buy it. Best part, it was $41 and change. They must not have updated the pricing since 1989 either! :rofl:

-Geoff

View attachment 2022016

View attachment 2022017

View attachment 2022018

View attachment 2022019

View attachment 2022020

Were you able to locate the two other pieces that are unique to the split transfer case hand brake setup? Hardest piece to find in good shape is the brake drum.

Were you able to locate the two other pieces that are unique to the split transfer case hand brake setup? Hardest piece to find in good shape is the brake drum.
My 82 troopy came with the full split case driveline parking brake. Issue was that the output shaft retainer bearing race was spinning in the retainer. I have the original one being worked on at an old school machine shop to bring it back to spec but since a NOS one was available I figured it was best to go new.

The output shaft was worn so I got the replacement shaft through Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. I’m reusing the original drum backing plate. The drums themselves are still available (last time I checked). So I think I’m good to go. (Fingers crossed)

-Geoff

Couple pictures of the last set up I sold.
IMG_20181108_151127720.jpg
IMG_20181108_151127720.jpg
IMG_20181108_151222771.jpg

Last I checked only aftermarket brake drums are available. Like Australia believe your part of the world for plenty of these. Both regions used their vehicles hard. Believe sand is not one of the best environments for bearings. Not sure Australia was much better. Friend I sold this for was collecting 8/80+ T/T he could buy cheap. Many had unusable parts. Had a hard time finding me a good H41 input shaft to use in my H55F from a BJ42. Surprisingly the internal parts of the H55F are in real good shape. Finding NOS especially at that price is something most of us in the US can only dream about. Seeing threads by expats in the Middle East not the easiest even being there to find good clean rust free late model 40 series. In the long run appears it cheaper and easier to update my US model 79. Helps being in AZ where if you can find one that's spent it's here will rival the Middle East as far as rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom