Unobtainium (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There were just 3 available from Toyota in Japan. I used one and have 2 spare. That was the last of Genuine Toyota stock that I’m aware of. Unless a dealer has one.
3FE

17E83901-FE61-45AC-ADE6-0D352A1CBB59.jpeg

Folks with '73 - '74 FJ40 can now re-weatherstrip the doors . These are the 68108-90300 / 68109-90300 part numbers that have been discontinued for some time. It should fit earlier doors as well.

View attachment 2031165
How do you tell the year of door you have? I bought a top assembly with doors like the picture with a liftgate back window.

Ifirc The rubber pull handle identifies it as a ‘73-‘74 door. The earlier ones are rigid pot metal.

Also the matching hard top will have the threaded hole for three point seat belt on top just behind the B pillar.

It should fit earlier doors as well.
So just cutting the top piece off and gluing to the door frame should work for pre-mid-‘65 (specifically ‘63) doors?

Couple pictures of the last set up I sold. View attachment 2022283View attachment 2022284View attachment 2022285

Last I checked only aftermarket brake drums are available. Like Australia believe your part of the world for plenty of these. Both regions used their vehicles hard. Believe sand is not one of the best environments for bearings. Not sure Australia was much better. Friend I sold this for was collecting 8/80+ T/T he could buy cheap. Many had unusable parts. Had a hard time finding me a good H41 input shaft to use in my H55F from a BJ42. Surprisingly the internal parts of the H55F are in real good shape. Finding NOS especially at that price is something most of us in the US can only dream about. Seeing threads by expats in the Middle East not the easiest even being there to find good clean rust free late model 40 series. In the long run appears it cheaper and easier to update my US model 79. Helps being in AZ where if you can find one that's spent it's here will rival the Middle East as far as rust.
Ask and ye shall receive. Here's a new parking brake drum 46501-60030. Don't even believe it's old stock.

Didn't really need it but decided to err on the side of caution.

So for my setup, NOS bearing retainer, new Sea Master shaft from @cruiseroutfit, and new brake drum. Only now thinking about going to rear parking brake setup using FJ60 rear axle to prevent relocating frame crossmember due to H55F conversion.

If so, will go with spare rebuilt split case and H55F, leaving the rebuilt split case with parking brake and H55F, as well as the original rebuilt split case and H41 setup as spares. That and the two spare 3F's means yes I do have a hoarding problem.

Decisions, decisions...

-Geoff

IMG_20190718_191618633.jpg

IMG_20190718_191646311.jpg

IMG_20190718_191705860.jpg

Not here in Australia genuine at least.

Having a few friends in Australia finding Toyota there doesn't seem to be interested providing OEM parts. Make a inquiry about a part and if it's available in another part of Australia the buyer pays shipping to get it. Then other parts seem to be available in other markets but there seem to have no interest in getting them. Just seems strange being so many were sold there. Possible more interested in selling new Land Cruisers keeping old ones running doesn't help :meh:.

Ask and ye shall receive. Here's a new parking brake drum 46501-60030. Don't even believe it's old stock.

Didn't really need it but decided to err on the side of caution.

So for my setup, NOS bearing retainer, new Sea Master shaft from @cruiseroutfit, and new brake drum. Only now thinking about going to rear parking brake setup using FJ60 rear axle to prevent relocating frame crossmember due to H55F conversion.

If so, will go with spare rebuilt split case and H55F, leaving the rebuilt split case with parking brake and H55F, as well as the original rebuilt split case and H41 setup as spares. That and the two spare 3F's means yes I do have a hoarding problem.

Decisions, decisions...

-Geoff

View attachment 2033166
View attachment 2033167
View attachment 2033168

Only cruiser would run a hand brake on a split case would be my 65 FJ45LP-B. Torque tube behind the transmission does not have a clearance issue on a 45 frame that old. Have a H41 set up with a split transfer case and hand brake and a few spare. Also have a few 40 series rear axles with hand brake. So may have a slight hoarding myself. I do have a short list of parts I'm curious of the availability in your market. Seems be a mix on the internet if they are available or not.

Stop it Racer. I'm trying to take a break from buying parts. :)

Also the matching hard top will have the threaded hole for three point seat belt on top just behind the B pillar.

You just solved one of the last mysteries on my truck without even trying. Thank you. I kept thinking those holes must have been for seatbelts, but I've never seen a pic with them. Do you know what the holes on the passenger side B pillar are for? They seem factory drilled, but don't fit an interior light like the driver's side. Might be a P.O. mod but he didn't do anything else that clean...

This may be common knowledge. I was just told by my toyota dealer that rear U-Bolt part number 90117-14001 is no longer available in the U.S. even though the online system let me order them. I tried ordering them for my ‘82 FJ40. Found a local shop that makes them custom so problem solved. Sure like OEM when available though.

I am looking for the pink unicorn power steering box heat shield to use as a template in order to remanufacture more. I have a friend who is a machinest and is semi retired who would be interested and seeing if these can me remade but i would need one for a template. I would be willing to purchase and then sell it back after we were done. It would take it probably about 5 weeks to make a mold and see how expensive it would be to remanufacture. If anybody is interested please send me a PM

I placed an order with my local parts guys for my '82 a couple days ago and the following came up discontinued/NLA:

51917-90301 Spare Carrier bumper (thankfully I found that I already bought a new one)
78060-90302 ROD ASSY, accelerator linkage rod (I can probably rehab my old one)
78101-90311(->78102-90801) ROD SUB-AS (accelerator pedal rod) The corroded swivel ball broke off on mine, any one know where to buy a new swivel ball?) I can probably make one from a ball bearing.

I placed an order with my local parts guys for my '82 a couple days ago and the following came up discontinued/NLA:

51917-90301 Spare Carrier bumper (thankfully I found that I already bought a new one)
78060-90302 ROD ASSY, accelerator linkage rod (I can probably rehab my old one)
78101-90311(->78102-90801) ROD SUB-AS (accelerator pedal rod) The corroded swivel ball broke off on mine, any one know where to buy a new swivel ball?) I can probably make one from a ball bearing.
Try here 78101-90311 - Toyota Parts Deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom