Unobtainium (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wait why does this one have the toyota and the earlier matts do not?
There are significantly fewer ‘79+ cars, so the mat will be limited in production. Also, the logo is in a spot that’s easy to delete if necessary. The topic has been covered quite a bit. Personally I see the logo as a nice to have rather than must have unless the car is from Dan’s museum. In that case, it wouldn’t need a mat :).

Last edited:
Some have been asking what happened to the rear step. Well, it got a makeover, pretty much to exact OEM shape. Will work on making another run of these. ETA probably late July.

IMG_2908.jpg

Last edited:
Matt, which year does that part apply?

6/78 to the end of production. This female connector was used on the rear chassis harnesses for the rear marker light connections. The marker light sub-harness has the male part.
It was also used on the main cowl harness for the Charcoal canister vent control solenoid connection, carb cooling fan connection, and the ignitor connection.

Before I had to Rely on Carefully Harvested Connector Housings to get by ..........

DSCN9574.JPG
DSCN9576.JPG
DSCN9577.JPG

Matt, what vehicle are those horns for? Never seen that connector on any FJ40 horn before!

Also did the new two pin sealed connectors you found come with the rubber seal plug?

Matt, what vehicle are those horns for? Never seen that connector on any FJ40 horn before!

Also did the new two pin sealed connectors you found come with the rubber seal plug?

8/80 and later FJ40 USA spec. updated to the Spash-Proof 2 pins

also ALL fj60 81-87 had them as well

my 1995 Toyota 4wd Hilux i had in College T-Ten years also Had them on Horns , 4 Runner 90-95 also

under my 1995 was a few also , like going to the fuel pump in-tank EFI and or sending unit

are u aware that theres a 3 pin of that same exact spash-proof ( as toyota calls it ) family or design ..................Yep i have some

from My Harness Connector Harvesting Days way back when , same inner square spaghetti o-rings and all

and there just as hard to un-latch without help from Connector-God

i just noticed that the other day , in all the " Unobtainium Connector Excitement " i totally missed that till then when i was putting the

photo subject 2 pin housing back in it OEM parts bag ,

Can we buy them separate somewhere on the Japanese Main Island , That is the question ......................:meh:

ts Pretty LAME TOYOTA did not include one :mad:

I've been getting regular inquiries about the '79 and up floor mat, so it's time for an update. Yes, the project has been on-going. We did a second take of the mould to tighten up a few areas, and then refined the details such as texture. At this stage, we are pretty much ready to start a production run. Estimated release date is around July time frame.

View attachment 1956019View attachment 1956020

I’ll take one!!

(Pls keep the slot for the PTO winch actuator....

Subscribed !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom