UC chat (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have come to find it easy just to pull the shifter up top and fill brat way.

Happy Birthday to any UC Marines.

C19612F9-B778-426D-BA44-580C0E8247D1.jpeg

Just thought I would post about my experience with fluid changes over the past few weeks. I swapped out all the gear oil in the diffs, T-case oil, and transmission oil in my 40. I started with the diffs and then did the T-case because they called for stuff I could easily find. The tranny, not so much. I did it the way I have always done it, I drained, then filled via quart jug by hand, squeezing as best I can, fighting tight spaces.
yesterday, I put 90wt in the transmission. I bought a cheap hand pump from HF. $7 I think. It has adapters for quart jugs as well as gallon jugs. I bought in the gallon jug and man, was that so much cleaner and easier. It was very slow with the heavy weight oil but it worked out great. Clean-up wasn't bad either. I had used the kind before that screwed on the end of the quart jug but you still had to squeeze. Why I never got the pump, I will never know.

Let me suggest that if you have any gear oil to change, just get the hand transfer pump and save yourself a lot of mess and frustration. Well worth the few dollars it cost. Just my $0.02

th

Yes I agree with you on the pump, had used it for years after watching JP try and squirt the quart bottle into the side of the tranny and half of it dumping on him time after time. Makes it nice to bring in a 5 gallon bucket with other fluids on trips and if you have to add any while in camp it’s easy and no mess. I usually keep a plastic bag tied around the end to keep any residue from getting on other things in the rig.

Well the minivan is officially dead. Needs new radiator and transmission rebuilt.

So I bought a 2005 sequoia sr5. Not perfect but best buy I have found. $6500 out the door. 189k on the clock. Cloth interior unfortunately though.

Basically a poverty package of sorts. All electric but no sunroof and 2wd.

Basically a poverty package of sorts. All electric but no sunroof and 2wd.
I think that is the year they started the variable valve timing in the 4.7. Our family is loving ours over the minivan. The sunroof rattles though, so you aren’t missing anything.

Yep, 05 was the first vvti in the 4.7.

Cado still had a roof!

Happy Turkey Day everyone! May your day be filled with much love, a whole lot of laughter and a great deal of gratitude!!! EAT UP!!

I thought I would tell you guys that I was kicking around on YouTube yesterday and found some old videos featuring Upstate Cruisers. The FJC pictured above reminded me of it. It was funny to watch Marshall go from tall (sort of) skinny tires to fat (almost slick) tired in two of the videos. There is a lot less grey hair in those videos.

If you guys have a chance, search Upstate Cruisers and check them out. You might get a little dizzy watching the night rides but they are worth checking out. Marshall telling guys having trouble that they just need more "skinny pedal" is classic!

We were probably the last people to be on the bald at Cullowhee in this video. The FS had already moved in the excavators and had them stationed down on Caney creek. Very sad. Had I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have stopped Steve S from trying to work with the USFS and see what we could do to help keep the trails maintained.

I wanted to send a big THANK YOU out to Marshall. I appreciate you taking the time to show us around the Cruisers and shop last Friday. My daughters and dad could not stop talking about it. What an incredible operation! One day I will be looking for a Capri (Carolina) Blue FJ40 and I will give you a call. Thanks again!

1986C724-1882-4BFB-A9CA-EB0EBBB987FC.jpeg
C5264711-F0FA-470C-9E4F-4B5B1792AA97.jpeg
Be on the lookout for a stolen 24 ft equipment trailer. Stolen on Thanksgiving Day from our office on Main Street Simpsonville. Looks like a dark colored Suburban with a white passenger front fender.

View attachment 1581643 View attachment 1581642 Be on the lookout for a stolen 24 ft equipment trailer. Stolen on Thanksgiving Day from our office on Main Street Simpsonville. Looks like a dark colored Suburban with a white passenger front fender.
Got any good photos of the trailer itself? I will keep an eye on the for-sale sites. Any other details? I hate thieves.

View attachment 1581643 View attachment 1581642 Be on the lookout for a stolen 24 ft equipment trailer. Stolen on Thanksgiving Day from our office on Main Street Simpsonville. Looks like a dark colored Suburban with a white passenger front fender.

Description on the trailer? I will be on the lookout for that Sub around town, that should not be hard to spot with that fender. By chance are you next door to the library?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom