UC chat (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just discovered OfferUp today too. I couldn't believe how much stuff is listed there. Things I'm looking for too, like Fluke meters and electrical disconnect switches and of course motorcycles.

I just discovered OfferUp today too. I couldn't believe how much stuff is listed there. Things I'm looking for too, like Fluke meters and electrical disconnect switches and of course motorcycles.
All stolen...

5 miles and letgo are also similar apps to buy others peoples crap!

Yeah, these new apps seem to have better deals than Craigslist sometimes, although there are cross-posts. Gotta try 5 miles

Left the tires in the hotel parking lot overnight and now there are 8.

95923045-6099-44E2-8043-1AEFB838DAA9.jpeg

So for the last year I have worked 12's in our quality lab in the plant. I rotate days off but work third shift. I get a three day weekend every other week and two days off during the week on the other week. I never work more than 4 days a week.
Well the morons I work with aren't happy working 12's. They want to go back to working 8 hrs a day, three shifts ,6 days a week. Would get one full two day weekend off a month. Not only do I lose my days off but lose 8 hrs overtime pay every other check. I am paid every two weeks.

Someone explain to me how this plan benefits me again?

Yet more tires??? What in the heck is going on with this!!! More pics please!!!
Ditching the generic street tires on the Sequoia for the Aussie Dunlop Road Grippers and moving up to 33's on the LX. A road trip for work became a self-mud-ship.

Stopped by a local autobody shop to get an idea of cost for some bodywork on the cruiser. Guy almost went cross eyed looking at it lol. Was very nice but pretty much told me they weren't interested.

Just thought I would post about my experience with fluid changes over the past few weeks. I swapped out all the gear oil in the diffs, T-case oil, and transmission oil in my 40. I started with the diffs and then did the T-case because they called for stuff I could easily find. The tranny, not so much. I did it the way I have always done it, I drained, then filled via quart jug by hand, squeezing as best I can, fighting tight spaces.
yesterday, I put 90wt in the transmission. I bought a cheap hand pump from HF. $7 I think. It has adapters for quart jugs as well as gallon jugs. I bought in the gallon jug and man, was that so much cleaner and easier. It was very slow with the heavy weight oil but it worked out great. Clean-up wasn't bad either. I had used the kind before that screwed on the end of the quart jug but you still had to squeeze. Why I never got the pump, I will never know.

Let me suggest that if you have any gear oil to change, just get the hand transfer pump and save yourself a lot of mess and frustration. Well worth the few dollars it cost. Just my $0.02

th

Just thought I would post about my experience with fluid changes over the past few weeks. I swapped out all the gear oil in the diffs, T-case oil, and transmission oil in my 40. I started with the diffs and then did the T-case because they called for stuff I could easily find. The tranny, not so much. I did it the way I have always done it, I drained, then filled via quart jug by hand, squeezing as best I can, fighting tight spaces.
yesterday, I put 90wt in the transmission. I bought a cheap hand pump from HF. $7 I think. It has adapters for quart jugs as well as gallon jugs. I bought in the gallon jug and man, was that so much cleaner and easier. It was very slow with the heavy weight oil but it worked out great. Clean-up wasn't bad either. I had used the kind before that screwed on the end of the quart jug but you still had to squeeze. Why I never got the pump, I will never know.

Let me suggest that if you have any gear oil to change, just get the hand transfer pump and save yourself a lot of mess and frustration. Well worth the few dollars it cost. Just my $0.02

th
X2 on the hand pump; I tried out a few on Amazon before finding the right one. My oversized exhaust is routed right next to the transmission, so this was the only way I could easily get 90wt in. One question, what is that black fitting on the end of the tube? Looks like it would be impossible to get out of the transmission if it were inserted; but keeping the hose inserted can be a pain after pumping that thing a few hundred times.

Last edited:
X2 on the hand pump; I tried out a few on Amazon before finding the right one. My oversized exhaust is routed right next to the transmission, so this was the only way I could easily get 90wt in. One question, what is that black fitting on the end of the tube? Looks like it would be impossible to get out of the transmission if it were inserted; but keeping the house inserted can be a pain after pumping that thing a few hundred times.
It is barbed so it stays in the fill hole. You don't have to insert the entire black plug, just a few barbs. (I would say that if you put it all the way in, you would never get it out) That keeps the hose from coming back out. A quick squeeze and it comes right out. It worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom