TTT -- The Tool Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, it was nice to tell my dad when I needed something pricey and have him pick it up for me. Went in with my mom for some lights for her house recently and when they asked about military (and they always do around DC) she said "my husband was" and they typed in his number and gave her the discount.

Just curious @SFROMAN do they ask for proof in RDU? It seems 7 out of 10 people near DC are paying with USAA cards so maybe they just rely on the honor system because of volume?

I guess you have never hear me rant about two forms of id on me at all times.
Of course they ask me for proof.

So I took Jonathan’s advice and went with the gearwrench brand. Went with the extended handle wrenches in 84 teeth. Also went ahead and picked up a few other tools while I was at it.
The wrenches are exactly what I need and i thought they were priced right.
Also picked up two tool rolls from blue ridge overland gear.
I just have to order a few more things and I will have a nice set of tools nicely organized.

The biggest issue I have always had was that it was a pain for me to have the tools I need in either the mini or the 80 or I. The tow rig. The bags I have been using were just not very functional and cheap and a pain to haul around never 100% knowing if I had the tools I need. This has always been a point of heart ache for me.
The new tool rolls have reinforced see through plastic and I can keep a bit nicer set of tools in them. That way I can just transfer them from one vehicle to the next.

I know, I know, I should have done this a long time ago but some of us learn a little slower than others.
AF1FCD6A-0D82-46E2-BBB6-9EB6F8DBE48B.jpeg

So I took Jonathan’s advice and went with the gearwrench brand. Went with the extended handle wrenches in 84 teeth. Also went ahead and picked up a few other tools while I was at it.
The wrenches are exactly what I need and i thought they were priced right.
Also picked up two tool rolls from blue ridge overland gear.
I just have to order a few more things and I will have a nice set of tools nicely organized.

The biggest issue I have always had was that it was a pain for me to have the tools I need in either the mini or the 80 or I. The tow rig. The bags I have been using were just not very functional and cheap and a pain to haul around never 100% knowing if I had the tools I need. This has always been a point of heart ache for me.
The new tool rolls have reinforced see through plastic and I can keep a bit nicer set of tools in them. That way I can just transfer them from one vehicle to the next.

I know, I know, I should have done this a long time ago but some of us learn a little slower than others.
View attachment 2120339

Where did you order them from?

I have found most tools I wanted or that were recommended on amazon.
The tool rolls I got at an event for a real good deal I couldn’t turn down so I got two.

Good call getting line wrenches too.

Agreed. Not much fun having to use vise grips to bleed your breaks because you didn't have the right tool with you at some point and rounded them off.

Agreed. Not much fun having to use vise grips to bleed your breaks because you didn't have the right tool with you at some point and rounded them off.
Do you have a link to the line wrenches?

Do you have a link to the line wrenches?

I don't have a link to the line wrenches that @SFROMAN bought, but he might. :)

The ones I have are just cheap ones I got at Auto Zone, I think. In fact.....I should probably upgrade at some point and at least get a spare 10mm line wrench to throw in my tool bag.

I don't have a link to the line wrenches that @SFROMAN bought, but he might. :)

The ones I have are just cheap ones I got at Auto Zone, I think. In fact.....I should probably upgrade at some point and at least get a spare 10mm line wrench to throw in my tool bag.
I get you and Del confused all the time. You guys could be twins.
Link to flare wrenches: Amazon product ASIN B01KY4B7X0

I get you and Del confused all the time. You guys could be twins.

When I look at him, it's like I'm looking in a freakin' mirror!!!

Rehashing the Craftsman conversation. Matching part numbers. You know the rest of the story.

20191109_190844.jpg

One removes burrs from the hands and the other is for the area around your eyes?

Honestly, I like the orbital better for large, flat or mostly flat surfaces. It has a more aggressive action, so it will do the job faster than a palm sander. The palm sander is good for inside corners, nooks and crannies and smaller jobs where the orbital would beat the crap out of your work piece as it spins. For example, if I were refinishing an old six panel door, I would probably sand the main part of the door with the orbital and the inset panels with the palm.

Last edited:
I'm sub'd to his channel. He is pretty d@mn smart and is good at breaking things down to a super simple level. And yeah his attitude and the way he goes at things is awesome

I’ll go ahead and say it, the video was cool but he sounded stupid. Yes, I must be getting old.

He seemed to really know his tools (he’s right Proto stuff is great) but I could do without the langauge and stupid penis jokes.

Last edited:
:lol: ^ You're old now, but that's ok. He's got a lot of good experience to share, and his BOLTR videos leave no stone unturned when it comes to tool reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom