Toyocom OBD1 reader review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. that's silly, for some reason I didn't think that was the tab that held those options. D'Oh!
@leucadiacruiser : I may be willing to give up the Galaxy s6 I have. It's an unlocked "active" model with 32gb. I'm after a small android tablet I think. Hit me with a pm and we can discuss.

Sweet just got shipping confirmation. I well be looking for inexpensive Android device all so.

Got mine today!

It was molested along the way... :panda:

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the adapter not connecting to there bluetooth device? The first one I received only connected to my phone for a few minutes and then stopped communicating. They then shipped out a replacement free of charge and this one does not want to connect at all... I have reached out to the seller and see what he has to says, he did say that the first adapter sent out to me had a bad bluetooth antenna... Was just curious about everyone else's adapters..

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the adapter not connecting to there bluetooth device? The first one I received only connected to my phone for a few minutes and then stopped communicating. They then shipped out a replacement free of charge and this one does not want to connect at all... I have reached out to the seller and see what he has to says, he did say that the first adapter sent out to me had a bad bluetooth antenna... Was just curious about everyone else's adapters..
Haven't had any issues with mine. Have to tried a different device? Mine has connected to multiple devices. May have an issue with the Bluetooth on the device you're using

Just spoke to seller, says he knows about symptoms and I believe he mentioned he needs to update the mac address on the toyocom app

No one has tried this with the 3FE yet correct?

The 3fe is not a supported engine according to the zf-scantools website.

The 3fe is not a supported engine according to the zf-scantools website.
I thought there was a way to get it to work in "universal mode", you have to directly solder wires to the ECU to make the appropriate connections. Was just hoping someone went this route. I want to, just haven't had the time yet.

I thought there was a way to get it to work in "universal mode", you have to directly solder wires to the ECU to make the appropriate connections. Was just hoping someone went this route. I want to, just haven't had the time yet.

That was my plan if I ever got one of these things. That’s what Jean-Francois told me I’d have to do anyway. Would like to see someone with more time and money pioneer this as well.

Have a toyocom in hand and a OBD1 port from a 93 fzj80. Now to practice circuit board soldering before I tackle the 3FE! I also need to get my hands on an old android phone to make this all run.

Have a toyocom in hand and a OBD1 port from a 93 fzj80. Now to practice circuit board soldering before I tackle the 3FE! I also need to get my hands on an old android phone to make this all run.

Keep us posted. Eager to see how this goes.

I got one these a couple weeks ago and it works intermittently at best. There doesn’t seem to be a problem with toyocom unit or the connection to the android device. It’s like the signal just quits coming from the ecu. Is there a way to check if the ecu signal or is there a setting I’m missing on the device? The few minutes it works is awesome but it’s annoying that 10 minutes in to my drive all data goes away. Any help would be appreciated.

Will this only work with an android phone or is it also compatible with an aftermarket double din running driod software?

The world is waiting. No pressure.

yea when my wife retrieved mine from the mail and saw electronic toy,she got a big s*** eating grin on her face............

The world is waiting. No pressure.
Hahaha, shoot! Yeah I am going to farm out the soldering of the ECU to a experienced person. Too risky for me. I have not forgotten about this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom