Toyocom OBD1 reader review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you post your setup menu? Can't get mine to look like yours and I like the clean setup.

Can you post your setup menu? Can't get mine to look like yours and I like the clean setup.
These six and put "4" as landscape row count

20180518_194104.jpg

Just ordered one. I'm going to need to do something similar, love the setup!

I hope so I reached out to him last year and sent him the FSM and EWD and he said he couldn't do it.

Same here. I literally just emailed him a couple days ago (coincidence this came up here too).

This is what he told me:

“only using the universal mode + splicing wires and routing them to the diagnosis box.

the 3F-E never had a data stream like the later 1fz-fe did”

Kind of sounds like it may not have the same functionality as the 1FZ-FE. Which would be a bummer.

Last edited:
If this worked for the 3fe I would jump on it.

I emailed him as well and it can be made to work with a little effort as the 3FE didn't have the OBD1 port.
He sent this blog post he did on how it can potentially be done:
ZF: TOYOCOM :: Universal mode on the AW11 blue top 4A-GE

The 3FE ECU does have all the outputs necessary to get the info we want, but I think we will have to splice/solder at the computer to get the info as indicated in the blog post.

I am really tempted to pick this up. It would be nice to be able to see my actual temps vice looking at a gauge and guessing if that is normal. Craigslist is full of phones for re-tardily expensive for a used out dated electrical device. I can buy a new tablet at Best Buy for 80.

I
I am really tempted to pick this up. It would be nice to be able to see my actual temps vice looking at a gauge and guessing if that is normal. Craigslist is full of phones for re-tardily expensive for a used out dated electrical device. I can buy a new tablet at Best Buy for 80.
I always hang on to the old ones we pay enough for the from Verizon. they are good for pandora players around the house and off line GPS units

ordered mine today,i am curious to see if my cruiser actually can get better than 10mpg.............not

I just got mine today hooked it up and is working great.... quick question I have tried searching google for the stock injector size for the 94 1fzfe but have no luck... any help would be greatly appreciated I need this infor to calculate mpg on the toyocom app. Thanks again

I just got mine today hooked it up and is working great.... quick question I have tried searching google for the stock injector size for the 94 1fzfe but have no luck... any help would be greatly appreciated I need this infor to calculate mpg on the toyocom app. Thanks again
Found where @landtank said 304cc a long time ago

Mine shipped out yesterday. JF is really a great guy to work with. Quick to respond, and very helpful. Long time Toyota hot-rodder.

I'll be anxious to see how this bad boy works.

Does anyone know why all of his products are out of stock? Did he close up shop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom