TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All I can say is that these people must be trying to kill us. There is no reason on earth to put this information out there, especially with pictures, unless you expect people to act on it. The power of suggestion is just too strong for the weak among us to overcome. There should be a law...

If I don't hear from them tomorrow I will call and then make a decision as to keep the order or go for a refund. I was given a written price first of $239.99/tire and they evidently raised it up to $275.99 when I authorized the order. No rash decision, I just want the first quoted price to be what they end up with.

best of luck!

I might need it.

Just heard back from 4 Wheel Parts. After three days of back and forth emails, their math was wrong and the computer made an error resulting in a $135 error. They did jack the price per tire up from $239.99 to $275.99 which resulted in an error of $135.00 using their method of calculating the deal. They agreed to a refund and apologized for the problems.

EDIT:
I received a call from who I believe is the mgr of the Raleigh store. He researched the figures I supplied and found that a big error was made in the cost of the tires in their computer and once he saw the correct price he altered the sales figures. Not only did they honor the original quote, I received and additional discount on the suspension parts. I go to Raleigh on Thur afternoon or Friday morning to get the tires and suspension parts.

Once they found the error they were very easy to work with and went beyond the normal to keep the business.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure whether to post this in Chat, Funny pics, or here. Anyway:

Drove the 40 to work today, and left early to stay out of rush hour mess. Driving down Holly Springs Rd, some complete f****ing knucklehead decided to come to a sudden stop in front of me while doing 45mph, for an invisible unicorn or super-important text message.

I slammed on the brakes. Damn glad I invested time in getting the 40's brakes sorted, however, the ABS and stability control appear to have failed, and I started sliding sideways. As I started leaving the road, sideways, I could feel the right side lift slightly, so I tried to turn left. The extraordinary muscle mass and cat-like instincts I've developed over the years through rigorous regimens of DoingNothing enabled me to manhandle the failed power steering enough to get it to settle down.

The 40 finally stopped when both front wheels sunk into muddy soft ground. (This was right in front of Fairview Nursery, if you know the area.)

As traffic passed without slowing in both lanes, I tried to reverse out. The rear tires didn't have enough bite to pull me out. After considering texting for life-saving help, posting to social media about my dilemma, or posting a RTH thread for suggestions, I got out and engaged the hubs, dropped it into 4Lo, tried to engage the elockers which failed, and eased right out regardless.

This is the 1st time I had to use 4WD. I was also able to get it back into 2WD, which is a good thing.

But now I have some projects: figure out where the faults are in the ABS, traction control, and elockers; and diagnose why the power steering disappeared. O - wait...

Picture, at home, depicting the brutality endured and herculean effort the 40 gave:
full

I bet your blood was pumping after that Joe!! Damn man, I'd have the shakes after a close call like that.

For my rant of the day, my OEM reman Ford starter died on Mayhem at Jason's house yesterday. +1 for everything I own being a stick, was able to pop-start the truck with only minor fuss. Guess I'm going back to a brand new (or upgraded) starter, and carrying a spare, just like the damn alternator :rolleyes:

ebay has a promotion going on until the 19th if you still want tires. its thru discount tire direct. you can save up to 200 bucks on 800 in purchase, no sales tax, free shipping. you just do your orders in pairs to double dip on the discount. I posted in the details in the for sale and tires section on here.

You can also get the local Discount Tire to price match the ebay Discount Tire. If the local Discount Tire has ANY other promotions, you can also get them to apply those at the same time. I used the promotion in 2016 for $100 off $400 to get 4 315 Cooper STT Pros for less than $1200 mounted, balanced, and tire certificates.

i did that last year for my tires on my gx. they did price match, and actually got me a more expensive tire (ATP vs AT3) for the lower price. I did have to pay sales tax and mounting. I was able to use the rebate for Cooper as well.

I bet your blood was pumping after that Joe!! Damn man, I'd have the shakes after a close call like that.

For my rant of the day, my OEM reman Ford starter died on Mayhem at Jason's house yesterday. +1 for everything I own being a stick, was able to pop-start the truck with only minor fuss. Guess I'm going back to a brand new (or upgraded) starter, and carrying a spare, just like the damn alternator :rolleyes:

Pushing the f550 to pop start it requires a bit more effort (or hill) then say your parents old Honda Accord. Lol

Pushing the f550 to pop start it requires a bit more effort (or hill) then say your parents old Honda Accord. Lol

It's surprisingly easy when you've got a guy in an 80 who can pull you by the trailer up a small hill :lol: The trailer and pig attached to the Ferd helped build momentum quickly.

I think that was setup on purpose, every airport TSA makes up their s*** different at every airport, and change rules within airport every day. They did that to keep the terrorizers wondering what the fook is the TSA going to do today versus yesterday. If think they do that for any other reason, I get depressed.

10421100_273116492875744_7652132188090714821_n.jpg

So regretting not taking a pic of the “please don’t put your children in bins” sign at security in NOLA about an hour ago. But I thought it was an added value from TSA to check your kid for broken bones.

I know it's been mentioned before, but these guys with the "Southern Stance'd" rigs are driving me nuts. I am tempted to buy a gay pride flag to wave at them every time I see them now.

I don't understand this whole, squat down the rear and point the front up at 30*. It seems with their LED headlights, LED foglights, and LED lightbars - that they seem to relish running all hours of the day - they're trying to send signals to the International In-the-Closet Redneck Space Station. Then the super-wide, low profile tires, wtf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom